LegacyGT.com

drain plug shot out on the highway

after getting my oil changed at subaru i was driving home from my sisters. i hear this big bang sound and about a mile down the road my oil light comes on. i see blue smoke behind me so i pull over. the car is still running and i get out of the car and look underneath the car and im loosing oil like crazy. called the tow truck he picked the car up and i told him to drop it off at subaru. the next day subaru called me and they said the drain plug was missing. when i got there they said that they new they didnt tighten one of the cars drain all the way. but they didnt call me they called only one other person. they did a hot oil flush and put new oil in it. they gave a year extension on my warranty.

well my car is starting to sound pretty shitty. that came from my co-worker. what should i do about this? bring it in?

oh and i have about 38,000 miles on it right now

thanks

same thing happened to a buddy, no sooner did his Oil light come on and he pulled over, same thing...oil change at the dealer, didnt tighten the drain plug.

He towed it immediately to the dealer, Motor was DOA & Turbo too..and under warranty he got a new shortblock and turbo.

Definately take yours in!!

~Sucka-Duck~

ive been to meets and my car is the loudest there and i dont have an exhaust

i just emailed soa and im waiting on a response from them before i take it in again. but the people at the dealership are really cool so it should be easy.

ive been to meets and my car is the loudest there and i dont have an exhaust

i just emailed soa and im waiting on a response from them before i take it in again. but the people at the dealership are really cool so it should be easy.

I say dont wait, you dont want the problem to persist nor do you want to be left stranded somewhere waiting for a tow truck.

if its audible and your car is stock...take it in, get a loaner car and have them correct their mistake.

~Sucka-Duck~

It blows my mind that this could even happen.. When I do an oil change, I remove the drain plug, let the oil drain for 5 minutes or so, and put a new crush washer on the drain plug, and put the drain plug back in. At no point in all the oil changes I've done, have I ever put the drain plug back in without fully tightening it. Whats the point?

On my wife's Honda they did not put the cap on in the engine bay. She pulled home and said her engine sounded louder, I popped the hood open and just laughed. You wonder what these guys are doing....

Good luck man, I would contact SOA.

... they wont give me a loaner because im not 25 im 21. isnt that some s**t!!

Your'e not old enough for a loaner, but you're old enough for them to accept your money. :lol:

i'm 22, i had a dealer problem (dealer OVERFILLED oil on a car that wasnt even in for an oil change...) when i was 21 and they still loaned me a car. you can loan to 21 yr olds, it'll cost them more, but you sohuld be able to get one. try fighting for it

Your'e not old enough for a loaner, but you're old enough for them to accept your money. :lol:

Insurance company policy maybe? I know we are not allowed to lock keys in cars on our lot due to our insurance company guidelines. That could be why he has to be 25 to get a loaner. IIRC, don't you have to be 25 to rent a vehicle? If so, maybe their loaners are rented through a rental car agency and they have to follow their rules? Lets not jump to conclusions before we have the info.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Put a Fumoto Valve on there, hard to screw that one up.

I had the not being 25 issue before. It cerainly sucks not being able to get a loaner. The dealership used Enterprise, so I'm assuming it was their insurance regs. I hate naming names, but I just pulled the "do you know my uncle, the GM of your other dealership?" card, and I got a loaner through the dealer. haha.

That's why I do my own oil changes. Not even the dealer mechanics know how to do a oil change right. And they are supposed to fix everything with our cars. The only time I let the dealership touch my car is stuff under warranty but when it comes to labor I prefer to do everything myself. Even if we had free maintanance I don't think I would want it.

Had a friend call me and tell me that they had a huge puddle under the car running down the driveway right after a dealer oil change. Told her to call and have them tow it back in. When it got there they told her it was just a loose drain plug they forgot to tighten but she should have just driven it in no need for the tow.:eek::confused:

There are outstanding dealer technicians, just like there are horrible ones that don't know what they are doing. The difference is, the pride they take in their work and their experience. I am thankful I have 3 good seasoned guys verse 3 young inexperienced kids.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

That's why I do my own oil changes. Not even the dealer mechanics know how to do a oil change right. And they are supposed to fix everything with our cars. The only time I let the dealership touch my car is stuff under warranty but when it comes to labor I prefer to do everything myself. Even if we had free maintanance I don't think I would want it.

Had a friend call me and tell me that they had a huge puddle under the car running down the driveway right after a dealer oil change. Told her to call and have them tow it back in. When it got there they told her it was just a loose drain plug they forgot to tighten but she should have just driven it in no need for the tow.:eek::confused:

wow

Archived