LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

I think this was discussed before in another thread, but whenever I see another Legacy (usually a 2.5i) I think they are going to look over and realize I'm driving the bad-ass extra loud version of their car... Then you realize the legacy's target audience and know they have no interest in loud turbocharged sports sedans.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had people guess its an Audi, BMW, and Lexus. my girlfriend once hopped in a M3 parked right next to my car (in her defense it was the same color).

Also while explaining to a buddy that i wish there was a 6 speed WRX or i had gotten a 4th gen LGT wagon he damn near slapped me across the face for second guessing my baby.

Went to dunkin donuts before work yesterday morning and a few old men who are regulars that hang out there in the morning asked me when i walked in if my car was a state trooper car. I replied no, its a subaru and they replied "ohh". im still trying to figure out how 4 men thought it was a police car.... Edited by legacy25i

Went to dunkin donuts before work yesterday morning and a few old men who are regulars that hang out there in the morning asked me when i walked in if my car was a state trooper car. I replied no, its a subaru and they replied "ohh". im still trying to figure out how 4 men thought it was a police car....

Eureka tv show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just stopped by the dealer at lunch today to feel the new '15 WRX STi short shifter and as I was pulling away one of the salesmen came running out of the store to catch me before I drove away. He was falling all over himself about how he loved my car and would sell his WRX in a hearbeat if they made the GT again. He was giddy with compliments of the way I have it done up, from stance, to wheels, lip, etc. He really couldn't get over himself that he was actually in the presence of the 5th Gen LGT. It was like he saw a real life unicorn and had been a My Little Pony fan his whole life. :lol:

Made me feel good!!!

All those WRX / Sti waves, peace signs and points - it's not because they know what it is, it's because we're in their hood scoop club.

Now the fellow GT owners - those are the ones that get the response and make me smile :-)

Shoulda told him you'd sell him yours. Everything's for sell for the right price... ;) then tell him 50k hahaha it is a unicorn...

50k won't even pay for the clutches Surly has gone through! (or am I confusing you with someone else? :confused:)

:hide::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by pfoyle

Now I'm in Texas - land of the truck: After "demonstrating" the get-up and go of my LGT, a big ol country boy in his jacked up truck exclaimed (in the thickest southern accent) "Wut the hell you got in dat dar car!"

I'm loading the rhino rack with a shed from Home Depot with the help of an associate who says he remembers my car by the Enkeis.

Two other home depot guys walk up.

Second guy (caucasian kid) : Hey I saw you parked next to my EVO yesterday.

Me: Yeah, I wanted to take a pic for comaprison.

Second guy: Looks really nice....

Third guy (older hispanic gentleman): What kind of a car is it?

:lol:

20140510_150425.thumb.jpg.a3544bb7a070bbdd31288b211f3cd39a.jpg

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

evo with lancer hood? :confused:

Hmmm...not sure if this is a faked lancer...

Here's one from the web. Wheel wells look similar and so does the wing. And, when I mentioned Evo, he didn't say it wasn't.

Edit: I dont see an FMIC on the kid's car. My mistake.

evo_x_1280_006_450op.jpg.c1fa7902aee2b723b85a03f9c2af20cf.jpg

Edited by fredrik94087

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Saw a 5th Gen GT outside of Montreal being driven by an attractive blonde.... Tried in vain to get her attention, briefly forgetting that I was in a rental car!

My favourite compliment was from two police officers after a routine traffic stop. #1 says #2 "That's a sweet ride". #2 replies, "For sure, love Subaru's"..

I don't know of anything that makes a man drool faster than seeing a woman who can drive a car with a manual transmission while wearing sandal heels and a mini-skirt.

My wife in Brazil. ;)

Hmmm...not sure if this is a faked lancer...

Here's one from the web. Wheel wells look similar and so does the wing. And, when I mentioned Evo, he didn't say it wasn't.

Edit: I dont see an FMIC on the kid's car. My mistake.

Lol no worries. They look pretty similar. A compliment to both parties :lol:

Still remember when people said I had a nice wrx. (Then impress 2.5i hatch)

My daughter had a minor fender bender during last winter storm - taking out her front bumper. Conditions were very slick and she slid into the side of a highway exit ramp.

Local cop helped her get the car into a parking lot and asked her if her mom was on her way in a panic due to this minor issue. He went on to tell her he sees many accidents when people rush to another one.

She told him no, her dad was on the way - and she was not worried.

I drive up, park behind the cop - he smiles and replies to my daughter "yeah, understand why you are not worried - nice ride"

😊😊

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh*

dude 1: "What the HELL is that? Some kind of impala rocket?"

dude 2: "I don't think we would have caught this one..."

... said the cops to each other while pulling me over last night. Thankfully I wasn't speeding, but arguably qualified as "unnecessary acceleration". No ticket. :cool:

I made a friend at the post office. It started with "nice Legacy". He invited me to autocross sometime with him and his buddies. We exchanged numbers.

243034648_20140529_100251-Copy.thumb.jpg.94a5095695dc5823528185c224429cac.jpg

2008576765_20140529_100907-Copy.thumb.jpg.0a96515aeee4b877ed84d2cf716acee3.jpg

I was vacuuming my car at the car wash the other day when an old fella rode up on a bike. He proceeded to tell me that I had a nice car. Then, he asked me for some money. Not sure if that counts. :lol: