LegacyGT.com

Inside of door scratching windows

I have a 2007 Legacy Limited Sedan. On the outside of the driver's side window, there are two parallel vertical lines on the window that seem to be where it's rubbing against something inside the door. When you throw water on the window you can see the lines in the water, and they have scratched the window. The yellow lines on the picture below show the location and angle of the lines. You can only see them in water or when the window gets dirty enough to show patterns.

Any ideas of what I can do? Thanks in advance.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/munkee122/legdmg.png

Had same thing with my drivers window on my 09 OB, took it to dealer who replaced the window swipes. Fixed the problem

I can't find "window swipe" as a part on Google, do they have another name? Anyone know if this is something easy I can do myself?

Have the same issue on my 05 wagon...my window tint is lightly scratched but not torn...

I have to take the door apart to fix this..

nice to see im not the only one!

In this particular case it would not effect the tint because the tint is installed on the inside of the glass.

I too have this problem, I noticed it the other day. I have tinted windows and no scratched on the tint....so far

I have the same problem on the exterior of the window but I'm pretty sure it was because I rolled the window down one day with some bird shit on the window (probably had some little stones in it). Oh well.

I've noticed these scratches on mine too, and I've been contemplating getting my windows tinted, but I'm nervous about ruining a brand new tint! I'll have to look more closely next time I clean my windows to see if its on the inside or out.

Yeah this issue has been around for a while. I had it happen on my 1993 impreza wagon after a couple years too. It was only on the outside so the window tint was safe on that car. I'm really surprised it's still happening, I thought they would have implemented a permanent fix long ago.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I owned a 02 wrx from 01 to about 04 and those windows were fine when I sold it.

Archived