LegacyGT.com

Sts question.

Scubaru03

I recently purchased a perrin Sts from another memebr on here. When I installed it I noticed my factory one was the same length but the perrin had a greater bend at the pivot point. I believe my 05 obxt may have had a short shift to begin with. The distance between the gears feel the same. The only difference I feel is the shift knob in nuetral is positioned a little further back. The car had one owner before me. Does anyone have their factory shifter laying around they can measure the length so I can confirm this. Thanks.

which length? if you mean from the threaded top down to the center of the rod bracket bolt, then it is 8.25"
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

which length? if you mean from the threaded top down to the center of the rod bracket bolt, then it is 8.25"

Well that's the length of the one I took out. So looks like I got screwed cause the one I got is the same length. Awesome. Thanks for checking that for me.

No prob. You might want to also check the distance from the same rod bracket bolt down to the pivot ball too. The longer that is, the shorter the shift throws are.
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Archived