LegacyGT.com

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen.

Two different wheel widths, can't simply subtract and get the difference. The 17x8 +53 will stick out about 1mm more and stick in about 11mm more.

Yup, listen to Rutchard! I was reading fast and thought only about the offset (which is counterintuitive, if you ask me)... Sorry for the hasty answer, and thanks to Rutchard for correcting me!

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think I saw a response for which short-shift throws working for 2010-2012 LGT's. Any info on this?
As far as I know, the only option is the STi short throw (there were a couple of posts about folks trying to make them, but nothing has come of them)

As far as I know, the only option is the STi short throw (there were a couple of posts about folks trying to make them, but nothing has come of them)

And just to clarify, it is not the 6MT short shifter FOR the STi, but a short shifter made for the 5th gen Legacy by STi.

I know a few vendors call it the STi shifter, but I worry someday a noob is going to read it wrong and buy one of the dozens available for that platform. Especially since this is the "parts from other models" thread.

Edited by Rutchard

Has any used the Eibach 22mm RSB for the 09 WRX ?? I assume since every other RSB for that year works that it will, but I have not seen nor heard of anyone using that specific one. Seems like a good deal on Rallysportdirect.com $154. Any thoughts on this?

And just to clarify, it is not the 6MT short shifter FOR the STi, but a short shifter made for the 5th gen Legacy by STi.

I know a few vendors call it the STi shifter, but I worry someday a noob is going to read it wrong and buy one of the dozens available for that platform. Especially since this is the "parts from other models" thread.

So are you saying sts's for STi's (oem or aftermarket) don't work for LGT's or are you just identifying that there are some websites that label the sts for the LGT as an STi sts? I really don't like only one option that is $400+. -.-

So are you saying sts's for STi's (oem or aftermarket) don't work for LGT's

^^^This.

The only STS available for the 5th gen Legacy is the STi developed STS. It is NOT the shifter from an STi but rather a shifter developed by STi the company for the 5th gen Legacy.

^^^This.

The only STS available for the 5th gen Legacy is the STi developed STS. It is NOT the shifter from an STi but rather a shifter developed by STi the company for the 5th gen Legacy.

Now they just need to make some "other" parts for our model.. usdm though!

:spin::lol:

It has STi stamped on the bottom cover as well as on the baseplate, so I think even Subaru calls it the STi short shifter.

Right, but you still have to admit it could be confusing for someone who is completely new to all of this. Like the confused guy a few posts up...

Subaru didn't call it STi anything when I ordered it as an option on my 2010.

you still have to admit it could be confusing for someone who is completely new to all of this.

Exactly. I was going to post something similar but you beat me to it. It would be an expensive experience to watch your mechanic try to fit a rod-type shifter on a cable-shift transmission.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.knsbrakes.com/carItemDetails.php?car_id=2385&item_id=37648

What say yee on this 04-07 rear Brembo adapter (apparently which will fit 5th gens.)

The 04-07 Calipers are much cheaper and more abundant to buy used so if we can get them to work the rear swap would be even more simiplified.

Anyone seen or have info on this?

THanks (sorry if repost, I tried to search this.)

I haven't done the research, but are the 2008+ rear brembos so rare that a $250 bracket makes the 2004-07 rears cheaper overall?

The bracket might work, I think the 2008+ WRX/STi/Impreza got a larger parking brake like ours.

They seemed to be pretty rare when I was looking for them about 6 months ago. 08+ front aren't very common either. 04-07's are all over the place. I had no luck finding 08+ rears on any forums.

Car-part.com is where I found mine.

Not much cheaper overall if at all, but the availability of used 08+ rear calipers sucks. They are going for between 500-650 for the rear calipers when they do show up and then are gone instantly :lol:

You can get the 04-07 rears cheap at ~250-350, they look like crap, but I was going to powdercoat to match the fronts anyway. So total cost ends up being comparable.

KNS said they would take the bracket back if it didn't work. so I'm gonna go for it, I'll report my results.

I'm under the impression that 04-07 STI Brembos will not fit due to parking brake size.

I was able to pick up a set of rear Brembos off a 2010 STI that had an engine fire with only 10k miles for $500.

This is true. The brake drum diameter is smaller before 08 STI. No rear adapter needed. Have Brembo 07s on front and 08s on rear. I've posted the diameters in the past. Search drum diameter in main 5th gen area and see what you get.

No. All STi models you've seen in the US came with R180 rear diffs and matching 190mm parking brakes.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

recieved the KNS brackets, 06 calipers and new DBA 4000 series rotors for the rear on Monday. I have an appointment next monday the 14th to have my blown coilover sent out to KW for a rebuild and will likely have the guys at the shop do a mock up to check fitment then.

They won't be going on the car for good until my front brakes arrive (supposedly by Jan 20ish), gives me time to get the calipers recoated to match the stoptechs going on in the front. Should be able to have everything on there by end of the month for some photos. (Hopefully with the new wheels as well:) )

stay tuned...

Edited by Brainchild Customs

recieved the KNS brackets, 06 calipers and new DBA 4000 series rotors for the rear on Monday. I have an appointment next monday the 14th to have my blown coilover sent out to KW for a rebuild and will likely have the guys at the shop do a mock up to check fitment then.

They won't be going on the car for good until my front brakes arrive (supposedly by Jan 20ish), gives me time to get the calipers recoated to match the stoptechs going on in the front. Should be able to have everything on there by end of the month for some photos. (Hopefully with the new wheels as well:) )

stay tuned...

I'm very interested to hear about the rear fitment. IMO, you don't have to wait for the shop to test fit them for you. =p