LegacyGT.com

Multi Gauge

Hello all,

I'm researching for a single multi gauge unit that can display boost, oil pressure and fluid temperature (oil, preferably). So far the only unit I have seen that I like is the Greddy Multi D/A gauge (link:http://www.greddy.com/products/electronics/multi-da/).

Anybody use or have any suggestions similar to the Greddy unit? I would like to find one that is square in profile, so i can neatly put it in the center cubby, and have the monitored parameters in lines.

I currently have two gauges setup in the center cubby like most people have here in the legacies, but I really don't like how it looks.

All suggestions are welcome. :)

btssm+android=as many gauges as you want to have. i like mine as much as most who have purchased the unit. easy to use, quick set up, and no wires to hook up

..that can display boost, oil pressure and fluid temperature (oil, preferably).

I had the torque app on my phone before i bought my AP-V3. Both however, does not display oil pressure. That is one parameter i constantly monitor an is a must for me.

Does the btssm display that?

I wish the ECU offered that, but I don't believe it does. The oem oil pressure sensor appears to be an on/off switch that trips at a certain low psi value.

That's correct. It is indeed just a switch. The light goes off if pressure is less than 2 psi. That's why we call it the light of death. I still cannot believe that Subaru included this to a turbo engine.

install a oil pressure gauge off of the galley plug under the intercooler. then worry about a digital all in one for the other stuff. Oil pressure first! no pressure no reason to watch other parameters!!

FYI - if you're interested in using BtSsm to display oil pressure, you can plumb in an AEM 150psi sensor, then connect the wiring to a deleted TGV input (assuming you have one available). With a few steps in the app (I can help), you can set up a custom Oil Pressure field. It can then be used as an analog gauge, a digital gauge, or for logging.

It's responsive enough that it compares to some "real" gauges :)

If you don't have a deleted TGV input available, there will soon be an optional add-on module that with several 0-5V inputs to feed the app.

/commercial ;)

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

So this'll do oil pressure (with the AEM sensor) and boost?

What's the difference between this solution and getting a couple of gauges? Is the BtSsm more accurate?

TIA!

FYI - if you're interested in using BtSsm to display oil pressure, you can plumb in an AEM 150psi sensor, then connect the wiring to a deleted TGV input (assuming you have one available). With a few steps in the app (I can help), you can set up a custom Oil Pressure field. It can then be used as an analog gauge, a digital gauge, or for logging.

It's responsive enough that it compares to some "real" gauges :)

If you don't have a deleted TGV input available, there will soon be an optional add-on module that with several 0-5V inputs to feed the app.

/commercial ;)

I just became very intrigued.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

So this'll do oil pressure (with the AEM sensor) and boost?

What's the difference between this solution and getting a couple of gauges? Is the BtSsm more accurate?

TIA!

Not necessarily more accurate. There are a few folks that just like to see what's going on in their ECU, and that includes some of the sensors. Logging can be helpful too. Some even mount a tablet. Then, even though oil pressure isn't one of the existing sensors, it can be added as described :)

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Not necessarily more accurate. There are a few folks that just like to see what's going on in their ECU, and that includes some of the sensors. Logging can be helpful too. Some even mount a tablet. Then, even though oil pressure isn't one of the existing sensors, it can be added as described :)

I have a V3 to show me whatever the ECU sees. That's why I am not considering any "gauge" that plugs into the OBD port.

I liked my PLX setup, but now just using it for my WBO2. I'm using the vent gauge for my boost and oil/fuel pressure.

http://www.plxdevices.com/category-s/109.htm

I am leaning towards this. If i can have one gauge that has specific sensors, then I'm set :)

You can get a set of aeroforce interceptor gauges. I have a pair for my trans am. They read everything your ECU sees and anything else you hook up to them.

those look nice.. checking them out right now.

Archived