LegacyGT.com

Straight Pipes on 2009 2.5i

henryq89

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've run straight pipes before on a 2.0T GTI. It was a 3" catless downpipe and a 3" non-resonated exhaust. The thing sounded loud and mean! A lot of people on here will criticize you for stuff like that because it's a Legacy forum and the Legacy is supposed to be "classier" than the WRX/STI, but to each his own. I'm looking forward to hearing a clip. I wonder how it will sound on the N/A engine.

And of course Brooklyngenius posts his straight pipe story just seconds before I get my post up!

Do you have any sound clips of your car? I'm curious what it sounds like. I plan on going catless in the future. I'm running a Magnaflow catback right now which has no resonators in it.

actually I have catless DP and megan mid and Y pipe with resonator going to straight pipes and it actually sounds really nice. a little on the loud side but fun.

On a turbo car though. ;)

To each his own. I'm having a resonator installed when I do it so it's not going to be a straight pipe.

Yeah but the difference is yours is a turbo, so you can actually benefit from a free flow exhaust. You also don't have an EL exhaust manifold, so it would sound better IMO :cool:.

put straight pipes with dual- dual tip mufflers, with gold plated turbine spinners on the end, should fit the sound. In my humble opinion, thats ricer. I had a built gsr and it was quiet. I HATE hearing honda's that are loud, because most likely they are 120hp fart-mobiles. buy an exhaust., or create a reason to justify running a straight pipe.. like a large turbo

It wont sound bad at all tot he OP. Why? Ive ran every combo on my 2.5i at some point in time and ended up going with a LGT magnaflow cat back bolted to my UEL header with an added magnaflow resonator. I dont like really loud exhaust but this setup is loud with taste, which means it is loud when you get on it but at cruise it gives the rumble.

No loss in bottom end and for your sake never listen to those guys they don't know WTF they are talking about exhausts on our cars only point out (audibly) what already happens with a stock system really poor bottom end and great (relative to our cars) mid and top.

Sounds good post results if you care but def proceed.

never put em on thre car's cel and cruise went on nd off everydai. Went to the dealership they found all cylinders misfirin the 3 times i was there how do i get a lemon check?

http://gfishoutofwater.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

Archived