LegacyGT.com

Subaru AWD 101 video

Thanks for the video. But being made by Subaru, you have to take it with a grain of salt.

The narration reminds me a bit of the sex ed videos back in 6th grade.

Yeah i was totally waiting to hear that filmstrip next slide DING..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

A better video would be to split the screen with the left wheels/right wheels shown to see what is really happening.

Lastly I wonder if they were comparing VDC equipped cars on Subaru end vs non VDC(stability control) on competitors. I know most its standard.

i would've liked to see some a4 advant / a6 advant / allroad quattro's in the comparo..

i agree test was a bit biased... even though i saw the video on the old suby vs 1st gen v70 awd, was still surprised how scary the new v70's handled. but then again, i don't know if it was the driver tossing the car around or was it just out of control..

also on the 'roller' test, i felt that maybe the passat would've made it. it felt like they purposefully didn't drive it through. i don't know.. maybe it is just me.

I have seen a similar videos comparing the AWD systems of Subaru, Volvo, Audi, BMW, etc.... The volvo AWD system is terrible... it has failed misserably in every test I have seen performed. The Audi and Subaru systems were clearly superior to all of the others that were tested. What one comes away with from all of these tests is that not all AWD systems are equal and the buyer needs to beware of manufacturers claims as always.

it makes sence that the subaru and audi systems are far superior, they were the 2 that pioneered the systems and perfected them long before the others even thought about adding AWD to their cars/suv's.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived