LegacyGT.com

Z Car Club Track Day 7/19 @ State Patrol Track

chenc544

Z Car Club's first track day of the year will be on Saturday 7/19. The location will be the State Patrol Track at Golden. The cost is $65 for the non-member. Registration form is attached below. The form is actually a Word doc so change the extension from pdf back to doc before opening it. See you all there.

Track-Regist-7-19-08.doc.pdf

The TT of course, it's my track car. :)

My LGT is set up too soft for the track and I'm too lazy to mess with the coilover settings. Besides, I just put on new RPS clutch, 350Z front rotors, 300 deg BMC brace and SPL brake cooling deflectors over the winter so I can't wait to try them out on the track.

• 3 weeks later...
:spin::spin::eek: RPS Clutch!!!! :eek::spin::spin:

RPS makes good clutches and they work really well in the Z. RPS never made a clutch specifically for the LGT. All the LGT installs have been people experimenting with clutches intended for the WRX, which is not an ideal solution.

Did my tech check today.

I was a little miffed that that guy doing the check was trying to put a socket over my lugs after I told him I had a key. He then proceeded to round my key because he was using a standard 15/16 socket. :mad: I then asked nicely to stop.

See you at the track!! Cannot wait. Found my elusive leak last night car runs real good again. :)

Did my tech check today.

I was a little miffed that that guy doing the check was trying to put a socket over my lugs after I told him I had a key. He then proceeded to round my key because he was using a standard 15/16 socket. :mad: I then asked nicely to stop.

See you at the track!! Cannot wait. Found my elusive leak last night car runs real good again. :)

I torque my own wheels and when I tell them the exact number I set it to that morning, they usually take my word for it and move on. For those that are still a bit uneasy, I show them my torque wrench and lug socket. If the still don't buy it, I hand them the key, socket and extension.

Anyway, have fun guys!

ignore him, he'll go away.

Did my tech check today.

Sorry to hear that man. Who was doing the tech inspect for you?

I usually get there early on Saturday to do tech that day. They usually just take my word that the wheels are torque down properly...

Somehow we always manage to pick the hottest day of the year for the track day. There will be another one in September so hopefully it would be cooler then. Either way I need to get my overheating problem fixed before then. Got any good pics you can post up?

if i buckle down i can get my z done by sept i think...still need some dyno time...but i'm hopin to squeek out about 350-400rw up here at this elevation. i was gonna take the legacy but we ended up spending the weekend in breckenridge. here's my z now.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/bama16/P7111701.jpg i still need to find a low pressure high volume pump for the surge tank...and another high pressure high volume pump to the rail. i'm running a hx35 cummins turbo.

Are those Watanabe wheels, just like the ones in my avatar? Love those on the 240Z.

Please tell me you are doing some sort of duck tail spoiler. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~chenc544/1024_Generation.jpg

these pics don't do it justice...it has a mean stance. i really like clean and simple so i think the rear is gonna be spoilerless. the car has the 280zx turbo motor, bore .080 over, je forged pistons and total seal rings...it's running coilovers with sectioned strut tubes and shorter inserts so i don't lose travel when i lower it. i wish i had $$$$ for wats but those are crazy expensive. the north america rota rep actually had molds made for the z witht he correct bolt pattery and spacing, it was for a group buy for the forums i'm on. the rear is a 275/40/17 and the fronts a 235/40/17 i'm runnnig a fuel cell with rear sump, low pressure pump for a surge tank so in sweeping corners i don't lose fuel pressure, and then a high pressure to the fuel rail. the whole suspension is powdercoated, the right parts are jet coated. 4 piston front brakes, 2 piston z32 rear calipers in the rear. SDS fuel system with coil packs for complete spark and fuel control. once it's painted it's gonna look freak in bad.

engine shot during the IC fab process, all the pipes have since been tigd...only couplers where needed.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/bama16/RobbieJune2007003.jpg

Archived