LegacyGT.com

what are your radio settings set at?

brandonGT

ive had a legacy gt with the OEM sub for about 6 months and ive been messin around with radio settings (bass, middle, and treble) and i just cant seem to find the perfect combination. so help me out fellas! let me know what your radio is set and and the type of music you listen to.

thanks!

sub +3 mid +1 treb +3. works well for most rock. then when i'm listening to hip-hop i boost the sub up to maybe 4 or 5. and the mid to +2 and leave the treb around 3 or 4. It's all personal preference and what sounds good to you. The controls are so easy to access and adjust this thread is almost pointless.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also been unable to find the sweet spot with the audio settings. I have tried WoW and it sounds like the mid goes all the way up and it sounds tinny. I'm using stock speakers and the factory sub and I currently have bass +2 mid -3 treb +1. I don't like the way the mids sound when at 0 or higher.

I need to adjust the values on the sub but I need to take off the seat to reach the controls. I should have spent more time getting the values right when I installed it but I was excited to take it out for a test drive and didn't want to wait longer. :lol:

Piece of cake. Took me less than an hour and only because I was careful and didn't know how to remove the trim pieces. But I put everything back together in less than 5 minutes. I had to bend the bracket to fit under the passenger seat but even that was easy to do.

I do need to adjust it because it's too loud at low volumes and the bass coming out of the sub does not go well with the volume of the song and it sounds very out of place haha.

I have the crappy 06 stereo system set at +4 bass, -1 mid, and +6 treble. I like a lot of highs and lows, but the bass can distort on +6 at a decent volume, hence the +4 rather than +6. Never been a big fan of the mids...I like a little, but that's about it.

i just installed an oem sub and setup properly it really makes a big difference. it allowed me to drop the bass down to 0 or 2 and then up the mid and treble for much crisper clean sounding setup and since the bass is down on all the speakers it will play louder before getting crappy. 18-20 seems to be the sweet spot, but i normally listen to 10-14 on a cd.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I listen at 10 with the windows up, 15 cruising around, and 20 on the fwy with all the windows down.

Bass: +2, Mid +1, Treb: +3

I have Infinity Kappa's mid-woofers up front, Polk DB651's in the rears

I have a very very good range of hearing and can hear clipping way more then most people can so I keep my settings low and the volumes low.

I finally adjusted my sub last night. I used the easy method instead of the method I thought I needed to remove it and make the adjustments and took less than a minute to get it out :spin:

The gain was way too high, so I lowered that to what sounded to me like the best spot. I didn't hear any difference no matter where I set the other knob, so I left it in the middle. What does the other one do? It's some kind of cut-off? Is it to define how low or high of a frequency will create bass?

With the new adjustment I now have bass at +2, mid at -1 and treb at +3. Seems to be better.

I also have some very crappy mp3s so some songs don't sound well no matter what I do. I use a Creative Vision:M through the Aux input.

the correct way to adjust is to first adjust the speakers at the highest listening volume you use.

Then plug the sub in and adjust it to that same volume to mix in with the speakers.

Yeah that's pretty much what I did. I set the volume at the highest level I would normally use (and the highest usable, I think it was about 20) and then adjusted the sub accordingly.

It's funny. I see people listening at 10 - 20, and well, maybe the Japanese head unit is weak, plus I have Polk 6501's front and 651's rear, and I have to get it to about 30 for a good listening experience.

The bass is a little funny, as I have no sub (yet). I don't know if I'm going to get rid of the HU, or improve it the best I can. Oh well.

And no SRS WOW for me, it just muddles all the bass.

Archived