LegacyGT.com

You might be obsessed about detailing if...

My wife thinks I'm obsessed with detailing our cars. Ok, so I spent about 4 hours over 2 days making her civic better than new, but I don't think that's so bad.

I thought we should come up with a list. So in that spirit, here's some of my thoughts when "You might be osbessed about detailing if.."

You wash your car more often than your underwear.

You've ever pondered what kind of protective qualities ear wax has.

You can actually pronounce "carnuba"

You think E.S.P. means Engineered Synthetic Polymer

Your dogs are named Porter and Cable.

You have more car care products than your wife's hair care products.

You've ever considered detailing the tub/shower/toilet..

Your detailing process has more steps than a recovery program.

So help me out and think of some more!

How about this for my first SPAM email? :D

Hello Mr. Obsessive Compulsive Detailer.

Yes, you. You, looking at this screen for hours on end searching for products. You, bleary eyed. You, an addict. Have you looked in the mirror lately? Been outside? Know what day of the week it is?

Your name was given to us by a spouse or family member who is concerned about your detailing addiction. At OCDetails, we can help. We're a non-profit society of recovering addicts like yourself that provides support and counseling through weekly meetings designed to help you cope with your problem.

We feature a twelve step recovery program and in extreme cases, interventions. Although it is our firm belief that you are never "cured," you most certainly can recover.

We have designed a brief checklist to determine if you are an addict.

Do you:

1) Have twitches of the hand when you walk by products you don’t own?

2) Check e-mail more than five times a day to see if you’ve received a newsletter about new & better products YOU MUST TRY?

3) Spend more time buffing than eating or sleeping?

4) Wax aimlessly with no direction, if only to have more products?

5) Leave your name and information at countless sites if only to hope you'll receive a reply one day from another person as crazy as you are?

6) Start detailing before important personal habits, such as meal

preparation, hygiene or bodily functions?

7) Have red, swollen eyes that hang halfway out of your head from waking up so early because of the overwhelming excitement?

8) Spend hours detailing on a holiday, when you'd usually be griping about...everything?

9) Send pictures of your work to EVERYONE with an e-mail address as well as posting them on countless websites?

10) All of the above?

If you answered yes to four or more questions (or chose #10), you have a problem. Please call us at Detailaholics Anonymous at: 1-800-OCDETAIL.

We're here, we're free, and we're confidential. The first step to

recovery is admission that you have a problem.

Call us today.

If you can put down the buffers and towels, that is.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

1. You take one last peak of your gleaming car before you go to bed.

2. You see a bird poop when you take that last peak and it takes every ounce of will power to not go out there in your PJ's to get it off. Will power usually loses ;)

Here's one for you:

You notice streaks on your window (btw, how did you miss them in the 1st place?) and while driving - take your towel (that's in the pocket in your door) and try rubbing them away, all the while looking at ALL the windows to check for even more streaks, and wondering where the hell you can pull over to clean them, again! :)

Oh and OCDetails, I actually did sell my last car (1 year old VW Cabrio) because it was too stressful trying to keep it perfect! Sad, I know..

Went to Summerfest yesterday. Me and the wife are standing by the ccar she yells some seagull just crapped it hit the car and kinda spattered onto her. I immediately grabbed the quik detailer and started removeing the multiple huge stains on the roof driver door and hood. She was pretty upset when I pushed her out of the way to wipe it off. That and I actually didn't realize that she had been hit as well until like an hour later. Car still looks great!!

Went to Summerfest yesterday. Me and the wife are standing by the ccar she yells some seagull just crapped it hit the car and kinda spattered onto her. I immediately grabbed the quik detailer and started removeing the multiple huge stains on the roof driver door and hood. She was pretty upset when I pushed her out of the way to wipe it off. That and I actually didn't realize that she had been hit as well until like an hour later. Car still looks great!!

What hospital ward are you in I will drop by?:icon_conf

- use your wife's cotton swap to clean hard-to-reach areas on your car.

- drop off your friend at the local detailing shop, finding out that the shop owner checking out your car inside out...

- go and search 10 different local stores just to pick up a product that you must have.

- your wife warning you that you must be stripping off the paint off your car because of too many washes.

- your tool shelves filled with more wash products than tools.

- parked your car at the market, squatted down and stare at your car, and tried to remember why you're there...

you use the same toothbrush on those hard to reach spots that you use on your teeth.....

you tell your family members to buy your newborn baby cloth diapers only to steal them away for use in your cleaning supplies....

the spot on your lawn where you detail your car has a that "deep, wet look shine".......

:icon_mad: Your annoyed by the fact that your ol' ladies hair somehow finds a way to weave itself into your upholstery. And you make sure to remove every one individually. How the hell does her hair do that. Its like there's a f@#in gremlin trtying to make a pattern in your head rest.:icon_mad:

:icon_mad: Your annoyed by the fact that your ol' ladies hair somehow finds a way to weave itself into your upholstery. And you make sure to remove every one individually. How the hell does her hair do that. Its like there's a f@#in gremlin trtying to make a pattern in your head rest.:icon_mad:

Hopefully it's the same old lady we are talking about or else the agro makes sense. Lol just kidding:lol: :lol:

Archived