LegacyGT.com

Yellow fogs

GotTurboWut

I've been running yellow Eurolite H3s for several years now.

I love them and the price can't be beat.

Don't spend twice the amount for a pair of bulbs that arguably don't last longer and aren't brighter.

I never liked the overlays either, but I'm super picky with exterior styling mods.

The clean OEM looking clear fog lenses look great, and when they light up sparkling yellow, you have the best of both worlds.

The overlays look too 'rally' for my taste.

I just installed some PIAA Ion bulbs about two weeks ago and really like them. They are on the expensive side, I think $42 for both shipped to me. Here is the link to where I posted the results.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/brightest-yellow-fog-light-bulbsi-153043.html?t=153043

Where did you get them for $42?

When I had my 04 wrx I had H3 bulbs and i blew threw Hella Yellow star bulbs left and right and didnt think anything of it as they only cost $8 each. When I got my 08 LGT the previous owner had yellow fogs and I knew it was only a matter of time and sure enough about a month ago one of them blew. I like the look of yellow fogs but hate the longevity of the bulb.

I ended up getting the Philips HIR2 9012 bulbs as all you have to do is shave down the plastic tab to make it fit. I was told by Kenny @ Candlepower (who works with Daniel Stern) that the HIR2 bulbs are 2x brighter and last twice as long as the standard 9006. I went back to a white bulb and I am sure they will last longer and be brighter than the 9006 bulbs.

FREE bulbs (the H3 I have is the CPI from candle power inc)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/free-ct-2-yellow-misc-bulbs-h3-9006-155657.html

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Nokya yellows in last 3 vehicles. No failures, and some in-service for 4+ years.

~$20 on ebay.

Nokya yellows here as well! I have been through a few sets but that is because I have my fogs as DRLS....

Ebay has the best prices!

Made the plunge on some Eurolites yellow fogs and Philips Xtreme Power lows. Amazon had them for $32/pair. Powerbulbs.com were approx. $45. Now to do the independent fog mod!

Can you post the link for that mod the independent one i cant seem to find it:confused:

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Archived