LegacyGT.com

YATT (Yet Another Thoughts Thread)

I'm copying my thoughts in this thread from the Southern California thread since many of you might not look at it and adding a few more while I'm at it. Hey, just got back from a quick stop at Irvine Subaru to check out the Legacy with my dad. Looked at a non-Limited 2.5GT in automatic. First thing: WOW Atlantic Blue Pearl is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! It's kinda like the pearlescent paint but not as crazy, but man I like that color. I'll still be getting a white one though. Some things about the car, I mentioned in another thread that the non-Limited does get the dual climate control. The doors on the car feel pretty solid. More so than my '97 Chrysler Town & Country LXi van, but not as solid as my dad's '95 Mercedes S320 (that thing is a boat). The little console thingy on top feels pretty cool when you open and close it. It has a solid feel to it. Also, the cloth interior looks a lot better in person than the pictures. I was disappointed by the pictures but in person it looks really cool! Anyways, I didn't take any pictures but I will try to get some next week when I stop by after they get shipments of the 5-speed. Some other tiny things about the car I sat in: the little thing behind the seat to hold magazines and such: it's only on the front passenger seat, not the driver's. Don't know why. Also, the trunk, on top of the spare tire there is a tray where you can put some small items. The sound system isn't that bad either. I didn't get to blast it but when I check it out again I will see. Also, the seats are supportive I would imagine, but I was expecting like really supportive seats. I am a pretty small guy though, so that must be why. I'm used to my roommate's Porsche 944, which has crazy ass bucket seats that hold you through the corners. The little handle bars that you hold on to during turns or to get in/out (aka "Oh shit! bars" haha) are retractable or something like that and they are spring controlled with an oil reservoir, so it is nice. When we were checking out the trunk, I was looking at the spare tire and my dad pointed out the welding sections. He thought it looked bad. I'm sure it's necessary though. Also, in the brochures I picked up, I think I remember someone asking about drive-by-wire throttle. I don't know if it was answered, but the Legacy does indeed have it. I just got back from school for the summer, so I'm still unpacking but if I have time I will scan the brochure. Also, I'm going back to the dealership to actually test drive it (I didn't test drive it) and take pictures when they have the GT 5-speed in. I didn't get to thoroughly check the car out but if anyone has questions I or someone else would be glad to help. Ben
-ben

[quote name='axis008']........ Also, the cloth interior looks a lot better in person than the pictures. I was disappointed by the pictures but in person it looks really cool! ........Ben[/quote] That's good to hear.

Yeah. It also feels different than I thought it would. It has a texture kind of like a weave (the basket sort) with a cloth feeling to it but it's pretty cool. The cloth I'm used to was our very old '87 Acura Integra back when I was a little kid so I actually envisioned all cloth kind of being like this but it's not that bad.
-ben

Archived