LegacyGT.com

Xv

BENCOB

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313648_190771954330074_101257203281550_452670_342657227_n.jpg

[ame=http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150320996999442]Incompatible Browser | Facebook[/ame]

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/294090_195752810498655_101257203281550_467102_147200585_n.jpg

[ame=http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=482481888008]Incompatible Browser | Facebook[/ame]

Why the pic of the WRX in this thread?

Anyway, we've had some discussion of the XV in other threads, but looks like it's finally been confirmed for North America.

You knew the bright orange Subaru XV shown in Frankfurt had to be headed our way, and during last week's 2012 Impreza launch event, Subaru's director of U.S. communications, Michael McHale confirmed it. The 2013 XV will go on sale in the U.S. sometime in 2012. Its actual name is still TBD.

It's a direct replacement for the Impreza Outback Sport, which is discontinued for the 2012 model year. Looking at the XV, it appears to be a mild variation on the redesigned Impreza hatchback with raised suspension. However, its wheelbase is slightly shorter (103.7 inches versus 104.1) maybe due to slightly different positioning of the suspension arms. Its track is slightly wider, too (60 inches even versus 59.4/59.6), and the European-spec show car was wearing wider tires (225/55R17 vs. 205/50R17 on higher-line 2012 Imprezas).

It should be noted that this XV has a full 8.6" ground clearance, while the last Outback Sports were 6.3" (just a fraction of an inch higher than the other Imprezas). And the new Impreza hatch's Sport Premium and Sport Limited trims should serve those who liked the Outback Sport, but don't need the XV's raised suspension. (Standard roof rails, all weather package, 17" alloys, available two-tone exterior, etc.)

Why the pic of the WRX in this thread?

Anyway, we've had some discussion of the XV in other threads, but looks like it's finally been confirmed for North America.It should be noted that this XV has a full 8.6" ground clearance, while the last Outback Sports were 6.3" (just a fraction of an inch higher than the other Imprezas). And the new Impreza hatch's Sport Premium and Sport Limited trims should serve those who liked the Outback Sport, but don't need the XV's raised suspension. (Standard roof rails, all weather package, 17" alloys, available two-tone exterior, etc.)

Honestly, I'd be surprised if the Sport model lives past the XV's introduction. I'm betting that it's a place holder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To the people who love your outbacks and two tone paint scheme outback sports you better buy them now while you still can. A product planner at Subaru stated in his quote.

"We're transitioning away from two-tone paint, getting away from the offroad look," said Lin. "But we'll offer it as an option."

Link here http://www.graysonsubaru.com/2012-impreza.htm

One of the guys at the frankfurt said the XV is going to be an urban cruiser with it's lifted suspension and body cladding. I still don't get why some automakers are going with CVT transmissions. They kill the driving experience,they're costly to fix,maintain and replace compared to a standard regular conventional transmission. I'm sorry but 148 hp and a CVT just wont cut it. I don't know who's idea that was but i think it's a dumb move to lower the power rating to 148HP.

All while increasing the price and adding a CVT? WTF? come on Subaru it's time to ditch the CVT's. Still better than the anemic 4spd auto.

Now if i was a top Subaru product planner here is what i would do.

1.I'd bring the Justy back and make it an all new Subaru designed and engineered vehicle which would compete against the fit,yaris,versa,accent,rio etc etc. It will of course come standard with AWD,center differential and a 6 speed manual or auto with 138HP. A 1.8 call it the FK18 H4. An STI/RS version with 200-215HP 2.0L. Prices at around 12-16 base-limited and 18+ for the STI/RS Justy. Hatchback only no sedan 6speed auto and manuals.

2.A Forester with the new FB25 with 190HP base,and XTI with FB25 2.5L 260-270HP with a 6 speed manual/6speed auto to compete against the Kia Sportage (which is destroying the Forester in power and transmission alone)

Since the Impreza is increasing in price,losing power and losing standard features left and right,they need a model to slot in below it,and the Justy would be the perfect fit it only makes sense. The 2012 Impreza lost alot of standard features like the projectors,LED tails,hood dampers,rear cupholder etc etc. If they want to get loyal customers back they need to revive the sporty RS Impreza again since it's been gone for 7 years. Make it 200HP 2.0 RS. 2005 was the last year of the RS Pro Impreza,it had WRX seats,STI fog light covers,spoiler,aluminum sport pedals and other goodies.

^Not sure what is so bad about the CVT transmission from a "driving experience" standpoint. I find it no different than a regular automatic except that I don't feel the crappy shifts that most automatics have.

To the people who love your outbacks and two tone paint scheme outback sports you better buy them now while you still can. A product planner at Subaru stated in his quote.

"We're transitioning away from two-tone paint, getting away from the offroad look," said Lin. "But we'll offer it as an option."

Link here http://www.graysonsubaru.com/2012-impreza.htm

One of the guys at the frankfurt said the XV is going to be an urban cruiser with it's lifted suspension and body cladding. I still don't get why some automakers are going with CVT transmissions. They kill the driving experience,they're costly to fix,maintain and replace compared to a standard regular conventional transmission. I'm sorry but 148 hp and a CVT just wont cut it. I don't know who's idea that was but i think it's a dumb move to lower the power rating to 148HP.

All while increasing the price and adding a CVT? WTF? come on Subaru it's time to ditch the CVT's. Still better than the anemic 4spd auto.

Now if i was a top Subaru product planner here is what i would do.

1.I'd bring the Justy back and make it an all new Subaru designed and engineered vehicle which would compete against the fit,yaris,versa,accent,rio etc etc. It will of course come standard with AWD,center differential and a 6 speed manual or auto with 138HP. A 1.8 call it the FK18 H4. An STI/RS version with 200-215HP 2.0L. Prices at around 12-16 base-limited and 18+ for the STI/RS Justy. Hatchback only no sedan 6speed auto and manuals.

2.A Forester with the new FB25 with 190HP base,and XTI with FB25 2.5L 260-270HP with a 6 speed manual/6speed auto to compete against the Kia Sportage (which is destroying the Forester in power and transmission alone)

Since the Impreza is increasing in price,losing power and losing standard features left and right,they need a model to slot in below it,and the Justy would be the perfect fit it only makes sense. The 2012 Impreza lost alot of standard features like the projectors,LED tails,hood dampers,rear cupholder etc etc. If they want to get loyal customers back they need to revive the sporty RS Impreza again since it's been gone for 7 years. Make it 200HP 2.0 RS. 2005 was the last year of the RS Pro Impreza,it had WRX seats,STI fog light covers,spoiler,aluminum sport pedals and other goodies.

most people that complain about CVT's have no idea what they are talking about. As long as it doesn't drone and doesn't feel like a rubber band, it's a much better way to go for economical vehicles than an automatic. You wouldn't have to keep adding gears to increase fuel economy if you have infinite ratios.

Why is it a dumb move to lower the power rating to 148 hp? It's a commuter car and needs to be fuel efficient. The car is quicker than the 170 hp car and gets better city mpg's than the old car's highway mpg's. Are you oblivious to that? at 148 hp it still has a much better power to weight ratio than your 170 hp 2.5i Legacy. Do you realize that?

1) Do you realize that cars like the fiesta have ridiculously slim margins and for Subaru to make one with AWD it would cost almost as much as an Impreza? With margins that slim, the exchange rate alone would dictate whether or not the car was profitable. Who's gonna buy a performance Justy? Where is the market for that? definitely not in America.

2) The Forester, which is end of life, destroys the sportage, which is new, in sales. Who knows what the next generation will bring

Price increase?

2011 Base = $18,220

2012 Base = $18,245

2011 Premium = $19,220

2012 Premium = $19,545

Name me the cars in this segment with projectors and I'll name you 10x the list without. Name me the cars in this segment with LED tails and I'll name you 10x the list without. Are you completely overlooking what this car has added? Soft touch interior? Way better seat fabric? Standard Armrest extension? Standard Aux and standard media hub on most models? A new engine with a chain? Electric power steering? A rear sway bar (most cars in this segment don't even have an independent rear suspension like the elantra and jetta)? Standard Bluetooth on most models? A brand new transmission? An increase in high tensile strength steel (expensive, expensive, expensive) to increase rigidity, Driver knee airbag? One piece key? Oh yeah... and 36 mpg with full time AWD.

The Impreza is a commuter car. It's finally able to compete as one. If you are looking for 200hp RS's, you're not the right demo for what the Impreza is meant to be. Who knows what they might make in the future, but for now the impreza is finally not a half assed attempt at a compact vehicle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll hand you the 3AT that was present during the mid 80's.

One of the cars I can drive has a 3AT. It's quick and nimble but honestly, sometimes I feel like a Prius will beat me in that commuter. Any kind of acceleration needs to shift to next lowest gear possible. It's fun to drive even though it's not completely fast. It feels like a 2nd generation Miata too. :lol:

Americans just need to stop being so lazy and drive a proper manual transmission. Why does anybody go for such a numb uninteractive driving experience that comes with driving an automatic, whether it be a 4 eat, or a cvt, its all just boring. People act as if driving a manual is A: difficult, or B: complicated. Trust me, thee have been plenty of inept idiots who have operated a manual trans perfectly well. That leaves us with one main reason being that most people don't deal with a lot of traffic everyday, nor drive cars that would necessitate a heavy clutch; LAZINESS! Lazy Americans are driving a worthwhile driving experience into extinction. Sorry for the tangent guys, I just can't bear to read banter about stood automatic transmissions. Viva la Manuel!!

Americans just need to stop being so lazy and drive a proper manual transmission. Why does anybody go for such a numb uninteractive driving experience that comes with driving an automatic, w hether it be a 4 eat, or a cvt, its all just boring. People act as if driving a manual is A: difficult, or B: complicated. Trust me, thee have been plenty of inept idiots who have operated a manual trans perfectly well. That leaves us with one main reason being that most people don't deal with a lot of traffic everyday, nor drive cars that would necessitate a heavy clutch; LAZINESS! Lazy Americans are driving a worthwhile driving experience into extinction. Sorry for the tangent guys, I just can't bear to read banter about stood automatic transmissions. Viva la Manuel!!

Ughh. Sounds like a 19 year old who hasn't been driving too long and feels cool for driving a manual transmission. Just because I drive something with a CVT doesn't mean that I cant drive a stick. I would be willing to bet that I can drive a manual transmission car better than you. Three previous cars before this "numb" automatic were manuals. 2005 6 speed GTO, 2006 LGT 5 speed, and a 2006 Sentra Spec-V with a 6 speed. The only time I cringe is when people drive an automatic with a sports car. No reason for me to own a 170hp manual transmission Subaru. I will be buying a sports car soon I hope and that will be a manual transmission. BTW, the CVT in this car is amazing.

The 170 HP mass produced cars are the ones that need a manual transmission more than anything. Putting a real transmission only on low volume sports cars is what is making them disappear. This is far from being my first stick shift, I've had a 93 Eagle Talon, 96 SAAB 900 turbo, 93 Sentra SE-R, 07 Altima, and a 95 200 sx SE-R. My wife wouldn't even drive an A/T, her 140 HP 08 Civic has a proper transmission.

Archived