LegacyGT.com

WTB: Axleback exhaust

scottyjneilson

LIke it says... I am looking for a set of cans to bolt onto my stock setup to give some rasp. PM me with any info or offers you got. Also I am willing to trade my stock exhaust System for a lightly used after market system plus cash, ME being the one forking over the cash of course!

Perrin and X02 mufflers bolt onto the stock mid/y pipe. I love my Perrin cans, but they are kind of hard to find because they aren't made anymore. Perrin cans usually go for $300-400 while used XO2 or their clones go for about $100-150 used.

Just be wary of getting a full catback; the larger diameter piping will give you more top-end power, but take away low-end torque. IMO not worth it.

yea I was told to stay away from the 3 inch pipe with my 2.5i for that very reason... I am really just looking for the cans as my original post says. Perrin would be nice and was actually looking for some but like you mentioned keith they are pretty hard to find now that they are discontinued. I found some on ebay for like 500 ish but really would like to keep myself in the 300 range that why I am looking for used. Let me know anyone if you have some

^You could go the custom route, too...I had Perrin's for a while, they were pretty great...but I enjoy my GReddy more...:D

I am starting to think going the custom route would be great and probably be within my price range if I go magnaflow or something... but where. I am a California transplant and do not know of any shops locally that do custom exhaust work.

Anybody got some suggestions?

look for a avo mufflers they will bolt right on they are about 600 new but check for some used.

Hard to find used, and not much cheaper used.

GReddy makes the Evo2 catback for Legacy GTs, and used to make the SP2. But I don't think the mufflers bolt onto our stock midpipe...you would need the whole thing.

^AVO is good too. And yes, GReddy designed the EVO2 for a Legacy and they had one other (the name escapes me) that was discontinued a while back.

This is mine-

http://www.importimageracing.com/p/GReddy-Evo2-Catback-Exhaust-Legacy-GT.html

Here's the AVO. I've heard good things about them-

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/avo-subaru-legacy-gt-sedan-mufflers.html

yea I have peeped the AVO's quite a bit but cannot take the $699 plunge on mufflers only. I understand quality and build come into play... but 700 plus shipping...?

I might as well just have a custom shop put together a magnaflow catback with smaller piping for that much, that way I will keep my low end.

• 1 month later...
Just make sure you go with 2.5" exhaust. That is the biggest you want to go with a naturally aspirated setup. Stock 2.5i is 2.25", stock GT is 2.5". Best thing to do is buy a stock cat back from a GT... I bet it'll bolt right up. I have the stock exhaust from my wagon if you are interested. I think the cans might be freer flowing, too. The wagon tips are longer, but I have a friend with sedan cans he wants to get rid of if you are interested.

Archived