LegacyGT.com

What Is Wrong With My Car????

danjr80

so i get home from my honeymoon yesterday looking forward to driving my car, but it was too late, so i drove it today. no problems at all this morning when i was driving around, but this evening me and my wife(still sounds wierd) were at walmart and when we left the engine was vibrating back and forth very badly when i started it. so i shut it off, started back up, and same thing. so i look under hood nothing looks out of ordinary. so we start driving still doing it so stop and put some gas in her and still doing it. mean while check engine light and cruise light start blinking. at one point in time the car actually wouldn't respond from me pushing the gas pedal at all. i get home and it smells hot, so i look under hood, and you can see something glowing on passenger side of car, looks to be near exhaust. the turbo feels like it wasn't there the whole way home, so i don't know if something is wrong ecu wise and it just de-tuned the motor or what???? sorry for rambling someone please tell me what you think. will call dealer tomorrow. i apologize in advance for runons and improper wording. if you have any questions that you think i may have left out or questions about the symptons i described just ask. :( :( :( :( :confused::( :( :( :(

I had injector problems myself (misfires).......I think it's the 90/10 gas and our cars weren't designed for it. I'd do the warranty thing and just take it in. They'll check your plugs and coilpacks first (and in my case take your cylinder heads off and run compression and other worthless tests and keep your car for 6 weeks). My guess is that it's the injectors...

turns out a injector was bad, and there was a code saying there was a "high temperature exhaust code" or something like that, injector is ordered and should take 1 or 2 days, then they will follow up more on other codes

Guest subiecity
could be your MAF....i redid my intake a lil bigger and i kept the OE MAF....and same shit with my engine check and make sure its bolted down all the way make sure the screws arent loose.....n wen i hit the gas there was almost no response.......when u start the car does the RPM gauge stay about 300 rpms?? if its at really low low idle...then its def ur MAF

Archived