LegacyGT.com

would anyone trust these?

TarzanGT-B

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGACY-2-0-IMPORT-Drilled-Grooved-DISCS-96-03-295mm_W0QQitemZ220505784953QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item33572b4279

Im really thinking about buying a pair, mainly because my legacy brakes suck at stopping the car from high speeds, and i seem to be in agreement with the idea of slotted and drilled rotors for dissipation of brake gas buildup from hot rotors. also wondering if be5 rotors for the sedan is the same as the bh5 ones for the wagon, please help, thanks!

Start with better pads - the Hawk HPS that I use make for a marked improvement in braking on my 06.

Pads make a bigger difference than rotors... drilling is bad for any real performance driving. Do some reading on the forums, as this has been covered to death.

Don't bother. Cross drilled is a waste of money. Cross drilled is not for a daily driver. It does not give you better braking.

Why not save you money, not spend anything on rotors and actually improve your brakes with some HPS or HP+ pads, decent brake fluid and steel brake lines.

I spent a lot of money on DBA4000 rotors. The HPS pads made a much bigger difference.

Pads = cheap = big difference

Rotor = expensive = small difference

Steel Lines = expensive (for what you get) = good pedal feel

Brake Fluod = cheap = good pedal feel

I have ZERO experience with wagons so I cannot compare rotors. Good luck.

Start with better pads - the Hawk HPS that I use make for a marked improvement in braking on my 06.

Pads make a bigger difference than rotors... drilling is bad for any real performance driving. Do some reading on the forums, as this has been covered to death.

COVERED TO DEATH. OP, instead of starting new threads, read a few old ones first.

Sorry guys, please dont feel i was deliberately wasting your time, i have read alot of the threads on these rotors as compared to the pads as an upgrade for better beaking, its just that i was in doubt still, i have heard the story countless times about rotors but this is the first time im hearing that pads do a better and cheaper upgrade, so i decided to ask for myself, needless to say im convinced to try the pads, what do you guys think about ebc pads as compared to the hawk? theyre cheaper but not by millions.

thanks again

p.s. im secretly in love with my legacy. dont tell my wife. she already suspects.

Lol, sorry to rain on the parade but I've run HPS's for about 8 months now and to be completely honest there is absolutely no "marked improvement" in everyday driving. When cold the stock pads grab significantly better in fact. If you do hard repeated stops or auto-x then you will see less fade, but if you're not going to be doing either of those then buy the ceramic Hawks. Far less brake dust and less brake noise.

I'm probably making a mistake by getting involved in this, but I work at a shop where we do maintenance, repair and performance upgrades on cars in the price range of what you and I drive clear up to WELL over $100K. I have installed and driven a lot of cars with Hawk HPs and also EBCs. IMHO, on a daily basis, the Hawk HPs were noisier and not quite as effective until they were getting romped on, like track time. Then they trump. But on a daily basis, my money's on EBC. Less dust, no asbestos (kevlar instead), they grab well right out of the box. Installing them on other people's cars made me want to buy them. I'm frankly waiting on my pads to wear down some more. The rotors, pads, hoses and fluid will all be replaced. Slotted or cross-drilled rotors, EBC, SS braided lines, Motul 600. FTW. Just two cents from a fair bit of exp.

I had it with the Hawks. I will never put them on my car again: the only time they are effective is when you stomp on the brakes. Other than that they don't grab at all in the freezing temperatures here in cleveland, and they do not fare any better in the summer time.

My HPS are doing just fine in the cold weather we are having here in MA these days. No issues with the first stop, and certainly more pedal feel than the stockers. As I mentioned below, they did cause me trouble at the car wash - first stop after that was scary... maybe scarier than "normal"... but they never give me a problem otherwise. I don't know what else to tell you.

That being said, the OP was asking about rotors... and the recommendation is to change to better pads. Whether you like HPS or not is irrelevant... the stock pads can be improved on significantly, and that's where people should start. Choose Bobcats, HPS, Axxis... whatever floats your boat.

nice work guys, your comments are still a lot of help, ill try the pads first, then see if i feel for the rotors, i checked out the ebc and the hawk pads soo far and each brand has slightly different levels of pads for different driving styles, so i have to make a good decision there, most of the differences are between regular driving and legacy driving!! lol but i also forgot to mension one variable that affects my decision greatly, i live on the beautiful island of Grenada in the south of the caribbean, over here the place is formed primarily from volcanic activity over thousands of years, needless to say im driving on hills 85% of the time, some are really steep lol. So our brakes wear out twice as fast as most ppl who drive in flat countries all the time. So this is my dilemma lol. i feel it wouls be best to choose pads for "spirited driving" and then maybe, MAYBE! some nice quality but affordable rotors, plus rotors look soo sweet!! i love to see them on my bredrin's rides.

Bro you won't be disappointed in the HPS. All the ^ commentary negative about the HPS is very probably from guys who are trying to run HP+ and in the snow no less. Take note that the complainers live below zero for a big part of the year, unlike us!

Here is southern Cali (and Grenada) where there are hills, spirited driving and no snow, HPS is a gaurentee for improved brake feel, driver feedback, driver confidence and more responsive braking. You will not brake shorter, you will brake more in control and more confidently. Upgrade to better brake fluid and try to get some steel brake lines while you are at it if you can afford it.

A for rotors "looking so sweet", seriously, save the rotor money because new wheels look a lot sweeter than rotors.

I had HPS pads on stock rotors and stock brake fluid for a long time. Performance was dissapointing (baely better than stock).

I recently replaced stock rotors with Centrics, flushed with Amsoil racing fluid and also renewed the HPS pads.

Difference is significant. Not sure if it's the rotors or the fluid, but I finally like my pedal feel.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

I had HPS pads on stock rotors and stock brake fluid for a long time. Performance was dissapointing (baely better than stock).

I recently replaced stock rotors with Centrics, flushed with Amsoil racing fluid and also renewed the HPS pads.

Difference is significant. Not sure if it's the rotors or the fluid, but I finally like my pedal feel.

:eek:Ut-oh...:eek:

Well... First I was sure it was the DBA4000 that improved my brake feel then I thought it was the HPS and now... I think it might have been the Amsoil fluid:lol:

Maybe I should have done the fluid first...:spin:

Glad you are enjoying them!

We've put this setup on 100s and 100s of cars and generally we get the same reaction from them.

Fluid is the most important thing for pedal feel.

Next will be pads.

Lastly are the rotors. We've used DBA 4000s on street and racecars and for more than 50% higher cost they last about 15% longer.

-mike

Archived