LegacyGT.com

Windshield Wiper Sprayer

Hey All,

I noticed something weird on my car and wondered if it was the same on everybody elses.

To spray the windshield wiper fluid on the windshield, it looks like there are 2 ways of doing so (according to the stalk).. one is to push the end button in, mine works fine like that.. The second looks like you pull the stalk towards you.. mine doesnt work like this. Am I reading the little pictures wrong here or is mine broke? Its not a big deal as one is just as easy as the other.. but I was just wondering. Id get it looked at next time I was at the dealership.

I searched and didnt come up with any posts.. and dont tell me to RTFM please! :)

The push button on the end of the wiper stalk is the only trigger for spraying windshield washer fluid. For a single wipe (no spray), flick the stalk toward you then release. The wipers will continue to operate until you let go.

FYI, if you haven't discovered it yet there is an online version of your owner's manual available after registering HERE.

Funny, I had a relative drive my car and he couldn't figure out why the "Pull to spray" stalk wasn't working. I had just filled the wiper fluid reservoir too. Subaru made a mistake, as the "spray" icon is the same on the side of the stalk and on the end push button. Pulling the stalk toward you should cycle the wipers once, without spray. Now if only the wipers would cycle a little faster ...

Yea, they should have had a different icon there.. All my other cars have always been pull to mist and wipe. Usually a single wipe w/o spray is up from the off posistion. I guess this setup works nice, just would have liked the icons to be a bit more clear as to what they do.

I have gotten used to this setup so its no big deal.. just was different from 5 other cars I have owned in my short driving career. :) None of which were a Subaru.

Archived