LegacyGT.com

Windows 7 and Romraider

SonicSpecB

Try to download the ZIP file and extract, not the installer. I finally got it installed, but everytime I load the definition files they dont save and it will not read the COM ports for the Cable or the WB. Installed on the wife's computer and everything works fine. Guess she will have to give it up when I want it, well the laptop anyway :lol:

Try to download the ZIP file and extract, not the installer. I finally got it installed, but everytime I load the definition files they dont save and it will not read the COM ports for the Cable or the WB. Installed on the wife's computer and everything works fine. Guess she will have to give it up when I want it, well the laptop anyway :lol:

HaHa,i've got it installed in laptop and it works perfectly,she bought this new dell that runs win7,i've extracted the files and tried to install and i only reach halfway through the install when i reach a blank page and i cant go any further...sigh guess she'll have to give hers.

Actually that's the Java... remove any Java application from your computer and load an older one, I had the same problem, heres my post:

Here's my update!!

To everyone with X64 system's, (same for me) I uninstalled all Java programs on the PC (with the remove program)

After i installed an older Java file (Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0.16) which can be found here:

http://www.oldapps.com/java.php?old_java=48#Download

Make sure you have all version on Java deleted from your computer before installing the older Java file.

Go through the install with the above link, and restart your PC!

After go ahead and install RR! Should work, that's what i did, and everything installed correctly, the reason we all get the gray screen is that Java x64 wont let it install. So after installing the basic Java file (above link) everything seems to work!

Thanks, and hope this helps!

JP

Heres the original tread:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/post56926.html#p56926

JP

i had this problem at first as well. right click romraider and run as admin. youll have to save the defs again but after that it should save it permanently

I'm having a similar problem...I have RR and ECUflash installed and working fine, but I can't get my Vag-Com cable to work. It says all the drivers have installed correctly when plugging it in, but RR and LearningView won't connect to the car ???

Two more tips:

You may have to "Right Click" on the install program and "Run as Administrator" regardless of whether you are logged in or have Administrator privileges.

User programs like, ECUFlash, RR and Learning View should be installed in your documents directory and not the Program Files directory. This ensures you, as a user have all the privileges needed to access and save settings etc.

Not sure what's going on. I can run LV and ECUtec, but RomRaider will not even open now. I've tried running as admin, restoring previous versions...not sure what's wrong.

Actually that's the Java... remove any Java application from your computer and load an older one, I had the same problem, heres my post:

Heres the original tread:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/post56926.html#p56926

JP

Thanks for posting this. It fixed all of my problems! :redface:

Well it is open source software...so anyone can contribute to keeping it current. Are you able to assist?

Nope, not that computer savvy. I figured one person was the tech guy, so the updates were consistant. I could kick them in the head, if that helps? :cool:. No, but thanks for informing me. I didn't know users could make changes, but it makes sense since it's free software. I'm glad there are those who took the time to get the program to where it's at. Same as this site, that's why I'm a donating member. Thanks to all! :)

Nope, not that computer savvy. I figured one person was the tech guy, so the updates were consistant. I could kick them in the head, if that helps? :cool:. No, but thanks for informing me. I didn't know users could make changes, but it makes sense since it's free software. I'm glad there are those who took the time to get the program to where it's at. Same as this site, that's why I'm a donating member. Thanks to all! :)

But hey, if you notice issues, bring them to (his) attention. That way he's at least aware of them for future releases!

I'm sure they know and are working on it. They did do an update last October. I didn't mean RomRaider is at fault. I'm talking about how Microsoft, Java, ect, always seem to have a new update everytime I turn on my laptop. I'm not saying they're not necessary, just venting a bit of frustration, because it took me forever to figure out the java problem. Necessary evils.

Archived