LegacyGT.com

Wind shield wipers ?

buy some icons and rain-x washer fluid

I use the orange Rain-X fluid and the Latitudes and I swear, the water just beads off now. You should start to see a difference when you get to around 1/2 bottle. I only need to wipe when the rain is hard, any light rain the water just beads off with normal driving.

If you're going 80mph in the rain you are not driving safe!

55 should be max. speed in heavy rain.

Most places have a 65 max speed limit anyways. That is in premium traffic and premium weather conditions.

I use the michelin wipers that have the triangle look.

They are like $30/pair.

I haven't noticed any problem.

OH... one more thing....

I usually don't use the wipers above 40MPH.

The window is slick enough to bead the rain right off the windshield.

RAIN X is your friend.... :)

I go above 80 in the rain so I don't drive safe. Therefore, I give a x2 on the Icons and the Rain-X fluid. Also, Rain-X has an anti-fog treatment for inside the window, but I haven't tried that yet. Regardless, it's nice having the ability to clear water and maintain vision; worth the minor, additional expense to use the best.

If you're going 80mph in the rain you are not driving safe!

55 should be max. speed in heavy rain.

Most places have a 65 max speed limit anyways. That is in premium traffic and premium weather conditions.

I use the michelin wipers that have the triangle look.

They are like $30/pair.

I haven't noticed any problem.

OH... one more thing....

I usually don't use the wipers above 40MPH.

The window is slick enough to bead the rain right off the windshield.

RAIN X is your friend.... :)

Man, I keep my tires fresh.....for maximum water dispersion....I’m giving the Yokahama's Advan S4 a try now...and they’re damm good…..the jury is still out on the price vs. performance....... but any who.......thanks for your two cents on the rain-x

When the speed limit is 75mph and it's raining, nothing is stopping me from driving 80. Nothing unsafe about it either because I DON'T have RE-92's

I'll add my observational experience from driving in Austria. No one there slows down because of rain unless it's pouring harder than the road design can drain it. It's mainly standing water that causes the most concern. Track driving in the wet + being literally forced by traffic to keep up in Europe in the rain helped me to appreciate what the boundaries of a quality tire really are.

The only reason why I wouldn't advocate the higher speeds is the variance in driving skill and behavior you encounter in the UC. Soccer mom in the SUV, on the cell, drinking her latte, who slides into the passing lane doing 55 while you're hammering 100+ can really mess things up. You get much, much less of the 'car is an extension of my living room couch' driving habits in Europe. FTR - I'm not someone in love w/ Europe, but I can appreciate the fact that they pull off driving fast/aggressively in a relatively safe, but seemingly scary way.

I'll add my observational experience from driving in Austria. No one there slows down because of rain unless it's pouring harder than the road design can drain it. It's mainly standing water that causes the most concern. Track driving in the wet + being literally forced by traffic to keep up in Europe in the rain helped me to appreciate what the boundaries of a quality tire really are.

The only reason why I wouldn't advocate the higher speeds is the variance in driving skill and behavior you encounter in the UC. Soccer mom in the SUV, on the cell, drinking her latte, who slides into the passing lane doing 55 while you're hammering 100+ can really mess things up. You get much, much less of the 'car is an extension of my living room couch' driving habits in Europe. FTR - I'm not someone in love w/ Europe, but I can appreciate the fact that they pull off driving fast/aggressively in a relatively safe, but seemingly scary way.

:whore:

Archived