LegacyGT.com

Whiteline Roll Center / Bump Steer Kit

casey jones

I'm going to be running Bilstein HDs / Rallitek springs on my LGT. I know the lowering isn't too substantial with the Bilsteins, but would the roll center kit be needed for this setup? I searched and found nothing related to the HDs / Ralliteks. People seemed to be pleased with that setup.

I just had one installed last week. I'm on tarmacs that are corner-balanced and the drop is mild. The rck made a noticeable improvement.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I just had one installed last week. I'm on tarmacs that are corner-balanced and the drop is mild. The rck made a noticeable improvement.

I'm on USDM Spec B Billies with Swift Springs and converted to the WL RCK because the drop introduced too much bump steer. The RCK made a huge difference and I was able to dial-out the significant negative static camber that the drop introduced.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

MSprank just installed some KW2 for me (thanks again!) and one thing that I have noticed is that my steering gets more and more sluggish the more I dampen. I am wondering if the additional dampening is exaggerating the effort I need to use due to improper geometry.

Any thoughts?

Maybe I should be looking into one of these as well.

^ Yep - Get the camber back to reasonable DD camber (< -1) and you'll be surprised at how much easier it is to 'steer'.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yeah I don't know how bad the roll center will be changed from a "mild" lowering that the Ralliteks give, even with the Bilsteins. I figured it wouldn't hurt to install it to get everything back to where it should be. Years ago I lowered my SE-R only an inch, but the control arms will still pointing at a downward angle to where the instant centers were into the ground. The car rode well but never felt right afterward.

• 4 years later...

what does this kit actually do?

ive been rolling on very low coilovers for about 6 months now, and it seems to be pretty stable to me so far. but, maybe im just not focusing on what it is actually doing and shouldnt be. ive seen many references to the kit, but not much explanations (that ive been able to find) of what it helps eliminate, and what it actually changes to do this. looks to me to be just another bushing set so far.

it brings the front LCAa and tie rods back closer to factory static positions on a lower car.

As you lower the car, the arms pivot up to different static positions. when you then drive and go over bumps, the arms move even further. The further the arms move, the more it moves the steering knuckle inwards, changing the dynamic alignment angles. when this happens the wheels get pointed in ways you don't want and make the car move differently. we call this bump steer. If we can limit the distance the knuckle moved inboard, bump steer is minimized. to do this, the arms must be as close to factory static positions as possible. thats what this kit does.

the WL kit is for mild lowering. GTspec, IIRC, makes one for a more aggressively lowered car.

I had the kit installed on my LGT a few weeks ago. Converted to the Spec B setup with Bilstein HDs and Swifts. Definitely worth the money and makes my car handle like it always has.

All that to make it handle like it always has?:iam:

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I mean that it's not off or being difficult. I've driven lowered cars before and their steering was kinda off because of the bump steer. With the RCK in my LGT it's handling and steering great without issue. Like how it was stock. Otherwise, it's a little heavier than before, but very responsive.

Archived