LegacyGT.com

which shock with witch spring???

Andreu

I am looking into getting a new set of shox and springs for the summer. Id like to lower it the a little but improve ride quality. I was looking at tokicos, konis, or bilstein spec b. As for the springs i was looking at ions or eibachs. I like the eibachs because they look to lower the car the least. Any input?

Same setup as this guy ^... Great for flat roads, but for the broken crappy New England roads, not so much. The springs are just too low... you will be on the bump stops 99% of the time. Like I said, this isn't a problem on flat or wavy roads, but anything abrupt and you will feel it.

My swifts drop my car ~2.13"F and 1.5"R. If I were you, I wouldn't put on anything lower than maybe -1"F and .5"R.

For ultimate comfort/performance compromise: Konis/Stock Springs/F&R Swaybars/LCA Bushings. Oh and stick with 17" wheels... 18's are unnecessary unless you need the bling.

I live up in Michigan and hope your roads are better than ours. I kept the stock springs and they are matched well to the Konis. If your car has more than 60k on the clock, more than likely your stuts are worn so the shock upgrade will be a big improvement. If you must lower the car then a conservative approach in my opinion is best. Our cars don't have a lot of bump travel so take that into consideration. Also be sure to research roll center correction kits. Lowering the car negatively effects roll center and bump steer.

If you just want a stiffer spring send an email to Race Comp Engineering and let them know you are interested, hopefully with enough intrest from this forum they will produce the Regular Guy Spring.

i dunno maybe one of the shocks is damaged but i get the odd noise coming from the shocks when going over uneven surfaces. maybe im just hitting the bump stop with the shorter springs fitted, roads over here arent great which doesnt help!

RE: the thread title - where do you find witch springs? I'm not averse to using dark magic in my suspension...

I'm running Swifts on Bilstein HDs. I love the damping on the HDs, but as research by other members has shown, there's very little room for compression before you hit the bumpstops. That said, it's a great combo for well-maintained roads.

LegacyDan - the Konis are just inserts in the front, so you'd have to cut into some "donor" struts to use them. I'm not sure if you can use Bilsteins for that, what with the Bilsteins being inverted - might actually be good info to have if anybody else knows...

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Archived