LegacyGT.com

Which parts is this? And is this normal?

jproy12

Hey guys,

As you can see I've discovered some problems today, while doing my maintenance on my car! Got to keep it top notch!

Anyways, this is part of the what seems to be control arm, is this normal wear? Or not? Both sides are ripped, or seems to be ripped, i dont think its normal! Is this common? What can be done to repair it?

Here are some pics:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1019/1001319p.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7848/1001318.jpg

Thanks and let me know guys!

JP

how many miles are on the car? im not sure about how its replaced on a lgt, however i would assume its the same as the majority of cars out there.

new bushings should be able to be put in it, but it can be a pita to do it yourself seeing as how the old ones must be pressed or burned out, and the new ones must be pressed in.

i believe you can buy new oem ones, or an aftermarket (personally prefered) to fit that. sometimes depending on the car you must buy a new control arm, either because its one piece, or the price is cheap enough just to buy new arms

but it is still 4 years old

True.. only 3 years, my car was bought new in Feb 2007 so its only about 3 years old with only 35k on it!

I've found out that the bushings are pressed in, is it a hard job to do?

JP

That's the REAR bushing of the FRONT Lower Control Arm.

There is also a FRONT bushing for the FRONT Lower Control Arm, that you may or may not want/need to replace, as well.

Search and you should be able to find the posts about the aftermarket bushings. There's AVO, Whiteline, Group N, and a few others, some with a caster adjustment and some without. You'll probably need an alignment after the repair, as well.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I only have 35K miles on the car!

I'll see what I'll do!

JP

My car has slightly over 30K and I've had the car for slightly more than 2 years.

Mine look exactly the same. Subaru wont cover them. They call it normal wear and tear. I call it BS :lol:

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

• 3 months later...

^ Don't have any information related to that one.....but this write-up on Fred Beans by Rick (Underdog) is very helpful:

http://forum.fredbeansparts.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=198

Direct-linking as Fred Beans is a forum-supporting Vendor. :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived