LegacyGT.com

which cbes will mate up with an invidia dp perfectly?

iNVAR

researching purchases for the not so distant future. planning on getting an invidia catted dp, which is a 3" flat flange if i'm not mistaken. i want to have as few fitment and install issues as possible and would like the exhaust to be 3" all the way through.

• Agency Power - 3", tapers to 2.5" at DP
  • AVO - full 3", no taper

• Borla - 2.5" (unsure), 2.5" at DP
  • Cobb - 3", tapers to 2.5" at DP
  • Fujitsubo - 3", tapers to 2.5" at DP
  • Greddy Evo 2 - full 3", no taper
  • HKS Silent Hi-Power - 60mm piping (so it's 2.36" only??)
  • Magnaflow - 3", tapers to 2.5" at DP
  • Megan Racing - full 3", no taper
  • Perrin - full 3", no taper

• SPT v2 - 3", tapers to 2.5" at DP
  • XO2 - full 3", no taper
  • open to suggestions and corrections!

is there ANYTHING that will mate up to the invidia dp without needing this adapter? http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/elite-awd-down-pipe-stocktapered-cat-back-adapter-p-3911.html

and on a related note, is there much difference in performance between a 2.5" and 3" catback, assuming i get the car custom tuned with the 3" dp?

thanks!

edit: updated list

AVO, Zero/sports(just the mid and you can use whatever cans you want), Fujitsubo, HKS. I'm probably missing more then a few.

Was looking at the Zero/sports mid last night and it looks really nice.

Someone did a comparison a long time ago and IIRC the difference between the stock CBE with DP and tune, compared to a full 3 inch exhaust and DP with tune, is significant.

Thanks for the info, will look into those camber!

Yeah, I figured it'd be a big different going from the stock CBE to aftermarket CBE, but I'm wondering if there's a big difference between 2.5" CBE and 3" CBE?

Also, I like the SPT CBE a lot. I might just get that, and instead of getting an adapter, do what someone in another thread suggested. Have a shop cut the tapered flange off and weld a 3" pipe section back on with a flat 3" flange to mate with the DP...

AVO, Zero/sports(just the mid and you can use whatever cans you want), Fujitsubo, HKS. I'm probably missing more then a few.

The Fujitsubo reduces to 2.5" at the DP flange, so it will not be a perfect fit with the Invidia.

The Fujitsubo reduces to 2.5" at the DP flange' date=' so it will not be a perfect fit with the Invidia.[/quote']

D'oh:redface:... Thanks for the correction. I thought almost all of the Japanese made CBE were 3 inch flat flange.

The only one I know for sure then are the AVO and Zero/sports.

I drove myself nuts trying to find the perfect combo for a full 3" DP and cat-back that I could live with. I considered an AVO mid but worried about the fitment of other axle backs as I wasn't really into the matching AVOs. Same with the Perrin.

In the end I decided to go with the SPT v2 and Cobb catted DP. Unless you're upgrading to a larger turbo the taper isn't going to hurt you much and IMO it's better to have both pieces gradually taper .5" at the DP/midpipe flange rather than putting a wall in the middle of the exhaust flow like you would with that adapter. Just my opinion.:)

man, what the hell. no one sells AVO as a full catback. i have to buy the center (with resonator) + y pipe for $690. then the cans are another $650 for a grand total of $1340!

grim, hrm. i can't find a sound clip of the avo catback either. the cans on the avos are supposedly huge. they say the tips are 4" compared to spt which is about 2.25"?

what the hell, they (the avos) don't look that big in the pictures.

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/images/500/500_bp_exh001.jpg

thanks for all the input so far fellas. i wish someone had a quantitative measurement though of the difference between 2.5" and 3" CBE.

grim, hrm. i can't find a sound clip of the avo catback either. the cans on the avo look huge. they say the tips are 4" compared to spt which is about 2.25"?

The tips on the SPT v2 are roughly the same size (4"), it's the axle-back piping that's 2.25".

hmm that's pretty quiet. of course, that's without a dp sooooo. :) thanks very much for finding that camber!

i think i'm leaning towards the AVO as well,

i wonder if Cobb mufflers will mate up with the avo center and y pipes.

Hate to say it, but my Xo2 mated perfectly. The downside is hanger location so the tips don't match the cutouts.

the xo2 mated up perfectly to an invidia dp? so it's 3"? interesting. adding that to the list. thanks :)

FWIW, I'll probably be picking up a AVO CBE in a couple of weeks. I think there sound be some old clips of AVO CBE.

Supposedly, AVO CBE is one of the quieter setups for our cars.

I'm running just AVO cans with stock mid and Y pipe with catted downpipe. The exhaust note is a low, deep rumble but it's not too loud. The AVO cans are huge but the tips are 3".

update: Buying the SPT v2 exhaust, and I'm just going to have my guy lop off the 2.5" tapered section and weld on a straight 3" with flange. Looks like AVO's are on backorder with no ETA.

the xo2 mated up perfectly to an invidia dp? so it's 3"? interesting. adding that to the list. thanks :)

+1 I run Xo2 mid and Y and it bolts up perfectly with the Invidia..3"to 3" flat flange...

• 1 month later...

Archived