LegacyGT.com

Whats wrong with this log?

dr_sharp

After several days of running at WG boost, I got to do a log just to take a peak at IDC, MAF, MAP, etc and this is what I get... :confused:

Did I have some sort of latent CEL holding back boost and the logging somehow reset it?

Knock events were during shift and low rpm, load load conditions... also could have been road noise. I only caught a single knock event during a pull in 5-6 pulls.

Imagine the look on my face when I get this instead of WG boost :lol:

ps mybad on the absolute map

romraiderlog_20120802_210200.csv

lol

My question is really in reference to the fact that I was running at WG boost for several days and performing these logs instantly allowed me to hit target boost. As soon as I started logging the car was 'fixed'... that makes absolutely no sense to me. I had hoped to see something out of the ordinary somewhere but in my eyes the log looks completely normal.
lol

Low load/rpm knock (probably noise) can knock (no pun intended) you into wastegate pressure. It would happen to me in stop and go traffic..I subsequently raised the RPM and load threshhold for FBKC and FLKC and the problem went away.

Next time don't run at WG boost for "several days" before you decide to look into the problem. ;)

Oh I was looking into the problem every night when I got home. I had just gotten the cable delivered and decided to log.

Oh - I thought it was less then 1 when it was WGDC.

Nah this was my LV when I was at WG boost

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124829&stc=1&d=1344016856

lol

why your tuner didn't fix the rpm resolution is beyond me :lol: out of the 7 rows only 4 are usable. and the last column is useless as well since you never even hit above 3g/rev loads.

Nothing I'm doing is related to my tuner. I just logged with my laptop and my cable. All tuning was done in Flower Mound with their equipment and dyno. This is my first experience with logging so I'm learning :) How can I adjust the tables?

lol

you adjust the ranges in the rom in romraider ecu editor. it's not the cause of yuor problem its a mere observation. when you open the rom you expand the folder Knock control and:

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/bmx045/ssss.jpg

• 1 month later...
Anyone know of a reason why my logged relative manifold pressure would be reading lower than what my boost gauge is reading? The boost gauge is reading correct boost pressure (peaking at 21-22psi), but today's log was showing me pegging at 18.43psi on every pull.
lol

the ecu uses sea level to compare to target boost to determine how turbo dynamics should behave. therefore, sea level is good if you're tuning boost. use regular mrp (4byte) if you just want to see what the actual boost pressure is. the corrected value is limited to that 18.x value you're seeing.

Archived