LegacyGT.com

whats the difference between GT n GT limited?

soccrstar

According to the brochure, the 2.5i's don't have heated seats. At least on page 11 there is an overhead picture with a simple storage pocket where the heated seat switches go. Looks like you need a 2.5i Limited to get heated seats.

hmm i thought the heated seats were part of the winter package.. and that was standard on limited.. i guess you can get it installed anyway... d'oh. FINE.. I like to spit my gum up and out the sunroof when i blow past you :) [size=2]better ? :lol: [/size]

[quote name='RoundBoy']hmm i thought the heated seats were part of the winter package.. and that was standard on limited.. i guess you can get it installed anyway... d'oh. FINE.. I like to spit my gum up and out the sunroof when i blow past you :) [size=2]better ? :lol: [/size][/quote] You'll be blowing past nothing in your heavier, slower limited. I will be held more securely in my cloth seats as I am blowing past YOU! -Nick

[quote name='soccrstar']i seriously cant see any differences between the legacy GT and GT limited[/quote] Then save yourself a couple of grands and get a non-Ltd GT. Seriously, if you can't notice the differences surely you don't need the Ltd package.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[quote name='Wa-gone']I test drove a non-limited first and found the driver's seat to be very uncomfortable. The Limited allows for more adjustment of the lower part of the seat.[/quote] And the upper part of the seatback has the shoulder "pads" (or wings?) for better upper body support. My wife made me get the Limited because she wasn't as comfortable in the non-Limited seat. Darn! :D

[quote name='bebopper'] And the upper part of the seatback has the shoulder "pads" (or wings?) for better upper body support. My wife made me get the Limited because she wasn't as comfortable in the non-Limited seat. Darn! :D[/quote] You must have been in a NON "GT" Legacy, as the GT seats are the same except for the coverings.

• 2 weeks later...
I am in the same delima...trying to make a decision between the Limited GT & non-Limited GT. I think I am leaning more toward non-Limited GT at the moment. I was really only interested in the Leather seats in the limited line...and then my cheapskateness (if that's even a word) kicked in. I thought the cloth upholstery seemed really nice....especially compared to past cars I've had. The dealer did tell me they could put in leather seats for $1000...but I'm not so sure I'm interested. I guess I'd better go make some more test drives. Does anyone know why the Limited GT is 65lbs heavier than the non-limited GT? Is it a combination of the power seat mechanisms & leather or something like that? Thanks for all the great posts across these forums....they've helped me out a lot while researching this car for purchase.

Those of us that saved $3000 prefer the car to be called "[b]un[/b]limited". :cool: Seriously though, it depends on what you want. In my other car I have an electric driver's seat, leather, and so on and it's was okay, but I remember a few times when I wish I could have special ordered with a manual seat and cloth to save weight. As I've mentioned in the other thread posted above, Once you've found your favorite seating position, how often do you adjust it again? At that point, the seat adjusting motors become dead weight. I didn't see the point in paying that much extra for a sunroof since that was all that I wanted out of the package. I also don't trade cars in or sell them very often. Trade value wasn't important to me. As a former mechanic, I keep my cars in very good shape.

[quote name='Trent Bates'] Seriously though, it depends on what you want. In my other car I have an electric driver's seat, leather, and so on and it's was okay, but I remember a few times when I wish I could have special ordered with a manual seat and cloth to save weight. As I've mentioned in the other thread posted above, Once you've found your favorite seating position, how often do you adjust it again? At that point, the seat adjusting motors become dead weight. I didn't see the point in paying that much extra for a sunroof since that was all that I wanted out of the package. .[/QUOTE] It allows more fine grained control of the position, AND you can do it while driving without the seat flying all the way back so you can't reach the pedals anymore.

[i]Regarding power seats:[/i] That's entirely true Deer Killer. Perhaps it's more useful to others than it is to me though. Here's my POV. (And keep in mind that my GTP has leather and an electric driver's seat.) 1) Cloth is cheaper. 2) Manual seats are cheaper. 3) I don't have to buy more Leather cleaner and protectant. (But I might buy more Resolve.) 4) Cloth manual seats weigh less. 5) Cloth doesn't hold it's ambient temperature as long as leather when you sit on it. 6) Cloth breathes better than perforated leather. (Less perspiration) 7) Although electric seats allow a finer degree of control, it's very difficult to put back in your favorite position if someone moves it. (I have scored marks on my GTP seat mechanism so I know where it was.) Manual seats are easier because you can count the clicks, pumps, etc. 8) Once you've found your favorite position, the motors sit unused for months, or maybe years, at a time. Dead weight. 9) It's more expensive to replace a bad seat motor on electric seats. ;) 10) There's not much incentive for kids to play with a manual seat. 11) Manual seats don't require fuses. 12) I have an extra power drop under my manual seat to use for something else! Really, either is nice to have. I just felt that a manual seat was more of what I wanted in this car. :)

Archived