LegacyGT.com

Well I'm an I dot

I put $15 in gas in my car last night, drove it 2.1 miles home, went in for night, came out this morning to find my gas cap unscrewed and hanging. I've never done this before, I repeat, I've never done this before. There was condensation all over my car, could this have gotten into my tank? My car started right up, didn't drive funny for the 1.5 mile drive to work, nor did I get a CEL. Should I be ok?

I've done the same thing with no CEL. I wouldn't worry about water getting in there from mere condensation, there's that little flap (probably designed to keep vapours in) that should protect it.

[quote name='sde']don't feel bad, .. a couple years ago i saw someone at the gas station while i was filling up. after finishing up my conversation, i got in my car and drove away with the pump in it.[/QUOTE] Oh, that is really bad. Any serious damage? I have to admit I had a good laugh imaging that picture ;)

I left the gas nozel in my subie a few weeks ago. As I was pulling away from the pump the guy next to me yells "STOP!" Luckely I slammed on the brakes before doing any damage. Felt like an "idiot." Thankful someone was paying attention. NGG

[quote name='NewGTGuy']I left the gas nozel in my subie a few weeks ago. As I was pulling away from the pump the guy next to me yells "STOP!" Luckely I slammed on the brakes before doing any damage. Felt like an "idiot." Thankful someone was paying attention. NGG[/QUOTE] A few years back I had to point out to the attendant the hose separated from the pump and lying on the ground. I did not get to see it happen though. The attendant was not happy.

Not to hijack this thread, but hullo to my fellow Western Washingtonians! I'm in Port Orchard myself. I work out in Poulsbo, so I'm in the Silverdale area all the time but I haven't seen any other GTs out there at all. Anyways, if you see a black GT sedan out in that area some day, give a beep or a wave, it might be me. I'm just totally jazzed to see there are some more Subie enthusiasts out here that aren't the usual WRX punks (no offense intended, I used to own one of those too).

Archived