LegacyGT.com

How well do your foot vents work?

Just curious, when I have my heater on feet I get major heat out the far left and right vents and very little on the feet. My feet get cold! How do yours work?

same. i close the left one to get more heat on my feet.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

I've noticed it on the last 3 subies I've owned. 2000 Impreza, 05 LGT and 08 2.5i - my feet freeze, but my shins get warm. I honestly think that Subaru does this because you don't really want your feet to "boil", however it would be nice to get a little more air towards the pedals.

turning off the vents don't do much either...

Same issue here... well not an issue. I guess that's the design of the vent. I miss my old car though. Nice and toasty toes. I'll get in there during this weekend and see if a simple modification of the vent will be feasible.

I haven't had any real issue with keeping my feet warm, but on the other hand I'm not the person that's getting cold feet very easily.

On the other hand I have noted that the windshield defroster has better effect on the right side than on the left. I have noticed this on other Subaru models too so it's not unique to the Legacy. I assume that this is either due to the fact that the fan is on the right side or that these cars are manufactured in Japan where the driver is located on the right side.

Maybe someone with a RHD Subaru can verify or dismiss the RHD/LHD theory? Or is the fan on the right side on these cars too? :confused:

453747.png

• 10 months later...
Just curious, when I have my heater on feet I get major heat out the far left and right vents and very little on the feet. My feet get cold! How do yours work?

Yeah, my toes get frozen, especially on a day like today, that topped out at only 10 degF! May need to get electric socks that plug into the cigarette lighter socket.:lol:

• 11 months later...
I don't know about the rest of you but I am always cold if it's under 60 outside my feet are cold. I usually put my seat heater on and put the climate to 85 on feet only(rarely ever use the positions). I had noticed that it was a little weak on the feet. Once I closed both of my side vents though it gave me more on my feet. Also if it's not blowing enough I can press the recirculation button and that gives me a boost. Usually I keep my temp at 85 on feet about 2-3 fans then if it gets hot I just turn it to 75 but keep the same amount of fans.

Archived