LegacyGT.com

We (She) finally got one!

My GF finally took delivery of a Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited Sedan on Saturday. This is replacing Her '01 Volvo S40 that we recently (finally!) sold locally/privately. This has to be the most hassle free new car purchase I've ever been a part of. And this makes #5. Not counting the few times going with Mom and Dad when I was still living at home. Anyways..... No real haggling for $200 over invoice. 2.9% financing for 63 months. Called them on Friday morning and said we'd like to purchase and leave with it on Saturday afternoon, and for them to have it prepped and ready to go. Took about 2 hrs total from taking a test drive (we hadn't driven this particular car yet), signing all the forms, to driving it home. Dealer was Roberts Subaru in Downingtown. Salesman was Ed Belland. He really knew his stuff about the car, which is rare when you research a car as much as I do, and am a member here. For most of my buying experiences, I knew 10x's more about the vehicle than the salesman. I'd say with this purchase, we were about equal, with him having more of the "hands on", "see it every day" advantage. So, if your in the Philly area and are looking for a nice no hassle deal, look them up. Boy, this Garnet Red Pearl color(s) is/are really stunning.

Congats! Enjoy the car. I know the feeling as I just took delivery of mine on Saturday as well! I've been lurking here for a while and have been debating between the TSX and the legacy. I finally decided on the legacy and I'm now a proud owner of a satin white GT limited sedan. The buying experience was hassle free and I recommend Mike Shwartz at Steven Creek Subaru if you're around the SF bay area. I got a good price from him. Enjoy the new subaru! [quote name='TLS']My GF finally took delivery of a Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited Sedan on Saturday. This is replacing Her '01 Volvo S40 that we recently (finally!) sold locally/privately. This has to be the most hassle free new car purchase I've ever been a part of. And this makes #5. Not counting the few times going with Mom and Dad when I was still living at home. Anyways..... No real haggling for $200 over invoice. 2.9% financing for 63 months. Called them on Friday morning and said we'd like to purchase and leave with it on Saturday afternoon, and for them to have it prepped and ready to go. Took about 2 hrs total from taking a test drive (we hadn't driven this particular car yet), signing all the forms, to driving it home. Dealer was Roberts Subaru in Downingtown. Salesman was Ed Belland. He really knew his stuff about the car, which is rare when you research a car as much as I do, and am a member here. For most of my buying experiences, I knew 10x's more about the vehicle than the salesman. I'd say with this purchase, we were about equal, with him having more of the "hands on", "see it every day" advantage. So, if your in the Philly area and are looking for a nice no hassle deal, look them up. Boy, this Garnet Red Pearl color(s) is/are really stunning.[/quote]

[quote name='B4GT']Congats! Enjoy the car. [/quote] I will as much as She lets me! :wink: It's hers, but She's been really good with letting me drive it without me even asking! The way I look at it.....She'll break it in and spare me the agony of holding back on it!

[quote name='TLS'][quote name='Drift Monkey']GRP > *[/quote] Can I get that in English? :roll: :?:[/quote] It is in English! Wow....I'm even a l337 h4x0r when I'm not trying! :o GRP (abbreviation): Garnet Red Pearl > (math symbol notation): greater than * (math symbol): all, anything else, etc.

[quote name='TLS']Hey RoundBoy, Looks like your's will enjoy a nice thourough washing while driving it home! How abouts filling out your location?[/quote] its been par for the course.. EVERYTIME i go to pickup a new car.. its raining... Dammit... I want my car to SHINE! Now I really have no excuse not to get the all weather mats... this day will own my taupe mats. Now i just need to sneak the vanity plate application past my wife : TRBOWND Location filled out ....

i owned a black (actually very dark grey!) '02 LGT and was looking for a change. I went from a garnet blue / w black to a Garnet red w/ taupe because i was standing next to one while the deck lid was being changed while the salesman was checking on availability. Considering that this dealership has a hard time keeping them in stock.. and they are flying off the lot... I just never see any '05 driving around.. at least not in red :) There are advantages with knowing and being related to people that work at the dealership... I can get anything done i need... which makes getting bitten by the mod bug scary :) Maybe we can arrange to be ina minor fender bender... that way we will get our statistical certianty of an accident out of the way... and with the same paint... scratches won't hurt as much .... :)

I'll let you know tonite maybe. She drives it to work every day. I sure hope not! I belong to a 300M club, and the 300's use a defroster antenna also. Some people on that forum complained about interference with the defroster on. I never experienced this on mine.

Archived