LegacyGT.com

Wavy glass - rear window and windshield?

Did a search and couldn't find too much on this. But there are several spots on the rear windo that are wavy enough to distort the image. It's not right behind the driver, so I didn't notice it until I got it home. The passenger side windshield also has some wave to it (as others have mentioned here). Not a huge deal, but just thought I'd check to see if others notice this?

Weird....

I'll look for this today - I'm typically pretty sensitive to things like this, but I've yet to notice on Winky, and I've had her for about a year now....

Definitely will look into this for you - but in the mean time, have you checked that your windows are absolutely clean (w/o even "drying streaks" that may only be visible under certain lighting conditions)?

----

BTW, nice "other" car! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

i've read posts about this in the past. i noticed it in my front windshield right in the center around where the rear view mirror mounts. i can only notice it from the outside though, especially when windexing or rain-Xing the glass, and i fortunately haven't noticed any vision distortion while driving.

I had that problem when I got my car delivered. It was right in the driver's field of vision so I noticed it right away, Had the dealership replace it no problem. bring it to their attention, and hopefully they will not give you a hard time. At first they told me the windshield was just really dirty and needed to be polished, which was not true of course.

GL

X

---

Yes I've noticed it on the front windshield by the rear view mirror too. Also at night when I look through the rear window using the rear view mirror the headlights are distorted. Not sure if this is caused by a wavy rear window or the mirror itself. One things for sure, the glass is very thin.

Archived