LegacyGT.com

Waterless car wash?

I personally have no experience with them. I did come across some reading material on that product if you haven't already read it.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/124904-optimum-no-rinse-field-test.html

http://www.autopia.org/forum/eco-friendly-car-detailing/121992-noblewash-other-waterless-washes.html

There are probably more threads over at autopia, but I just did a quick search.

I've been using Prolong Waterless car wash since 1999 and have been happy since. I've tried others and they were just as good, but not as easy to wipe off. Prolong requires less effort when wiping on and off. You can also use it on any part of the car, even glass.

http://www.prolongsales.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17

Pic of the car after using Prolong.

DSCF0125.thumb.jpg.5057af52aeedfe71ef57251b322fff63.jpg

DSCF0126.thumb.jpg.f1e4ef761e7dc97324131be42f51217e.jpg

Heres my thing about products like QEW and ONR.. I would have no problem using them in the summer time when my car doesn't really get that dirty. But can you use them in the winter time when my car looks like this 99% of the time? (not my car, just something I found in google image search.)

stang.jpg.98020305eea1f8d7c12bf59c94dcadf9.jpg

I use the Optimum with good results for the last year:).

Most of that looks like road salt. Usually, I would rinse the car down first to try to knock some of that off. You should be able to get it clean, and I have. If you don't have the ability to rinse, you may want to do a few things different. You will want to bring more towels, and you may use more product. I recommend a rinse bucket to minimize the amount of gunk that goes into the wash bucket.

Heres my thing about products like QEW and ONR.. I would have no problem using them in the summer time when my car doesn't really get that dirty. But can you use them in the winter time when my car looks like this 99% of the time? (not my car, just something I found in google image search.)

They work just fine in t he winter. I have used Quick and Easy Wash for years and from the first time I used it I have not used anything else.

• 4 weeks later...
I use the Optimum with good results for the last year:).

Most of that looks like road salt. Usually, I would rinse the car down first to try to knock some of that off. You should be able to get it clean, and I have. If you don't have the ability to rinse, you may want to do a few things different. You will want to bring more towels, and you may use more product. I recommend a rinse bucket to minimize the amount of gunk that goes into the wash bucket.

I agree. A second rinse bucket is a must. I have used the DP and Optimum and both are great. A quick detailing spray on wax also helps with ease of cleaning on the next wash.

• 2 weeks later...
I also have experience with ONR - it works well. Living in Canada it's really the only option in winter to clean the car. However, in winter time you really do have to go to a coin car wash first to wash the majority of the salt and debris off first, otherwise you do risk marring the finish.

All Waterless wash products are not the same ,yet they all sound the same. There is a winter version from http://www.croftgateusa.com

Amen to that! I'm not much of a waterless wash expert, but I've used a few of them and there are definitely a lot of differences in how well they work. Some are barely good enough to be called quick detailers and others aren't even good enough to be used as clay lube. Some are really good though. The brands mentioned in this thread are some that I've always read good reviews about on Autogeek forums and Autopia.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived