LegacyGT.com

Water in my damn headlight!!!!

So I polished up my headlights yesterday with some rainx headlight restore (I love that stuff!!) and a mothers power ball. Came out awesome!! Looked brand new!!! I go outside today to start my project of the day... I take a look at my new RFRB grill and freshly polished headlights... WTF!!! My driver side headlight is full of condensation!!! Are you kidding me?? It wasn't like that last night!!! How the hell does that happen? It was in the driveway all night!! It did rain today but I never had water in it before!!! Is it the humidity? It is extremely humid today??? I am so pissed!! I have a Subaru meet at 2 pm saturday!! Damn man!

To open up your headlights you have to put them in the oven at 200 for 10-15mins so the glue will melt then they open right up. Add a little silicone and close them up. Did you check to make sure that the seal for the bulb is on correctly and not broken?

No I haven't checked anything. It should be on tightly. It hasn't been off in a few months since changing bulb colors. I'm gonna pull it out in the morning and check it out. So I putt my headlight in the oven at 200? For how long? Are you sure? I don't want to melt my headlight. I paid a 190 buck those.

I pulled the headlight out. Tipped it forward, wow!! A gold fish could live in there!! I didn't pull it apart yet. I'm scared. I don't have any replacements if I break one. I just got the water out and dried it with a blow drier for now. Back to normal. I might just buy another set before I do it. I'm going to black it out. I like the look.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/thrty5thsc/48b77fab.jpg

the fog is done for, had alot of damage from before(car accident) and i cleaned it up with baking soda due to all the oxidation but it still doesnt work. Plus the oxidation took all the chrome off the plastic so i had to use some aluminum tape to make it atleast look silver until i get my jdm fogs.

the blinker fluid must have spilled over in to the main headlight housing.

:lol::lol:

I've had this problem with my fogs too, and the stupid turn signal most recently. It sucks. I f*cked up the baking too, and melted the plastic lip on the sides. Then again, I used a heat gun for it, so it was a guessing game until I started pulling the housing apart. I've heard good things about 200 degrees for 10-15mins: make sure you watch it though. I don't want your house burning down, or worse, the jdm headlight melting!

Archived