LegacyGT.com

Warranty, Maintenance and the Dealer (Part I)

I have owned my 2005 GT since July, purchased the car from a dealer here in Calgary. It was a lease return and when I purchased the car I was assured that all maintenance issues were in order, title was clear and no accidents.

No problems with the car to date, but I just booked the car for its first oil change and decided to take it to the other dealership in town. They asked if I had had the 48K km service done yet. I said I didn't know and would check. Their reply was that it was an important and expensive service to the tune of $700!

The service dept at the dealership where I bought the car at sent over a computer printout of work that they had record of being done to the car. Over a month and a half period there was everything form out of province inspection to a wheel alignment done on the car. I assume that this was all done when the dealership received the car after the lease was up.

In the service record they provided there is a line item for a 48K km service, but in the description section it says "did not perform, closed for month end". I contacted the service department who confirmed that the 48K km service had not been done.

I have since contacted the sales department to ask them when they will be completing this work. Of course I had to leave an voice-mail message so I am waiting to hear back from them. Whattdaya think my chances are for getting this work done? My rationale here is that they had every intent of doing the work to sell the car, so shouldn't it be done?:redface:

Good news! The dealership got back to me late yesetrday and is going to pay for the service!

Trouble is that the earliest appointment I can book is October 19 and I was planning on driving to visit some friends in WA state for Canadian Thanksgiving (weekend of October 6).

Oh well, I guess Ill have the oil changed and just take it easy!

Cheers!

Archived