5. Better Tires

6. More rim options

7. Better Gas Milage (think IS350)

8. MP3 playback

9. Better Soundproofing

I don't think any of these are unreasonable, sans the gas milage

my 2cents

Ponch

6MT and Bilstein/aluminum Spec B suspension as an option (called spec B, sport package, whatever...)

HID and NAV each (not paired, thankya) optional on ALL GTs regardless of model or bodystyle

A revised color red, such as San Remo, and WR blue paint options. Interior color choice, as well.

Three-dail (and well working) Automatic Climate Control from the Tribeca.

Memory seats and mirrors. Folding rear seat for the sedan, Telescoping steering wheel. Better interior lighting.

Audio input. Stereo Bluetooth audio input and phone handsfree setup would kill, but I'm not holding out on that one. Simple wired input would be nice enough.

Black brushed center console would be cool, like Japan. Rather than the ubiquitous silver that every car is getting.

All options included (choice of Nav or cubby guages) 6MT DCCD STI drivetrain, and a turbo (or twin turbo) H6... Urban Grey, Brilliant Silver, Pearl White, Obsidian Black, and WR Blue. Sedan or Wagon (sans roof rack optional) Forged BBS 18x8 5x114.3 wheels in hyper silver or gold. Wide body aerokit (ob fender flares, unique bumpers and side sills...) Black leather and blue alcantara, with Red stitching. Sound like an STI to anyone else? Price it a grand or two north of where the Spec B is, and watch it obliterate the competition at twice the price.

Yeah right all that sizzle is gonna cost well north of a grand or two over a SpecB price. Pass teh kool aid. At least the first post was fairly resonable. Subaru is a low volume car maker working on what is probably a limited profit ratio. If you really want the STI Legacy its gonna be 40 grand minimum.

Yeah right all that sizzle is gonna cost well north of a grand or two over a SpecB price. Pass teh kool aid. At least the first post was fairly resonable. Subaru is a low volume car maker working on what is probably a limited profit ratio. If you really want the STI Legacy its gonna be 40 grand minimum.

Spec B is over priced. Good car. Too much money.

An STI based at 36-37k, 4-5k over a WRX STI, with similar hardware, aside from the 6-cyl block, few more "lux options"... would not be over priced. 5EAT/VDC and 6MT/DCCD, either Sedan or Wagon, all at the same price. NAV optional. Premium package with sunroof and HIDS optional.

Add NAV and it would be closer to 39k, maybe 40k. 40k fully optioned maybe. 40k base is a psychological barrier for Subaru buyers, and the Roundel, four rings, three point star, and the circle-L are protective of that territory.

BTW, in case the Spec B hasn't proved it enough... You make NO profit if the car doesn't sell.

Plus, companies use things called loss leaders. A product that is sold under cost, which generates customers to buy other products in the line, to hold up the bottom line. The WRX STI is probably 'technically' not a loss leader. it probably doesn't lose money. but it isn't the profit leader, either. The WRX and 2.5rs/i models generate more profit by selling for more than they cost to build, and selling MANY more units than the STI.

The same process can be used with the legacy, which are largely propped up by Outback margins, and cost sharing with B9 manufacturing overhead in Indiana.

An upper-30s Killer sport sedan would FORCE the automotive press to take notice. It would generate the kind of waves the WRX STI did when it arrived in the US, possibly more, considering the more mature, and wealthier demographic.

People who want more performance focus than G35, A4 2.0T, or otherwise, and less money than ever-more expensive BMW M5, STS-V, and other top shelf sport sedans.

The E36 M3 four door struck that chord, but didn't sustain it. Subaru has the opportunity to really hit it. They are always going to be a

a low volume car maker working on what is probably a limited profit ratio.
if they don't take the risks, produce the car, and sell it as agressively (marketing and attractive price) as they can. A one-two punch of the WRX STI and Legacy STI that I propose could be a real catapult for subaru, getting it over and above a "little SUV alternative company."

7. Better Gas Milage (think IS350)

Get a K & N air fillter. Worth the $40. Gas mileage: slighty better. Power output: amazing. Sound: Well, had a nice roar before, now there is a gentle hum to it. Its Hott. Thas right two t's!

As for the IS, well Ill post my thoughts on that farce in another thread.

of course these would all be for the legacy GT 2007 model:

1. Bluetooth/Nav option Still don't know why people like this ... my BT headset is much better than the Bluetooth options in my buddy's TL

2. Aux-In Yes.

3. More color combinations Would be nice, but not a huge one for me. WRB would be nice

4. Fold down rear seats - Never gonna happen, but would be nice

5. Better Tires Is it that hard? Most companies put crap on for OEM

6. More rim options I guess, but not all that important

7. Better Gas Milage (think IS350) I get 24-25 mpg if i'm not romping on it, but if romping on it, any car will get poor mileage.

8. MP3 playback Already got it

9. Better Soundproofing Seriously? It's already pretty quiet for my taste

I don't think any of these are unreasonable, sans the gas milage

my 2cents

Ponch

Basically, all the same stuff rehashed again with all the same arguments. :p

If you really want the STI Legacy its gonna be 40 grand minimum.

:lol:

I remember back in 2002 when speculation toward a USDM STi also widely suspected a price point above $40,000. I see no reason the Legacy STi couldn't be produced for around 36-37,000.

Look at a WRX vs. STi. STi cost about 8-10,000 more than a WRX. You can get a legacy for around $27,000 - $28,000. Same concept - add about 8-10,000 and you're in the $35-38,000 range. Might be a little bit of a stretch, but not huge.

And that's considering that I think there is a larger gap between features from the WRX to STi than you would see from the LGT to the LSTi.

An upper-30s Killer sport sedan would FORCE the automotive press to take notice. It would generate the kind of waves the WRX STI did when it arrived in the US, possibly more, considering the more mature, and wealthier demographic.

People who want more performance focus than G35, A4 2.0T, or otherwise, and less money than ever-more expensive BMW M5, STS-V, and other top shelf sport sedans.

The E36 M3 four door struck that chord, but didn't sustain it. Subaru has the opportunity to really hit it.

Abso-freakin-lutely right!! I've said similar things elsewhere. I'm tired of the nay-sayers.

Archived