LegacyGT.com

i want the boxer rumble

enkeiandmore

so i have this one guy lined up to do some work for me and i have the choice to either get custom headers or custom exhaust. which one would you guys choose? and i want the most i can get out of the part so which one would be best? oh yea i only get to choose one none of the get both deals

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in terms of power the header will provide the biggest benefit. if the custom exhaust is catback, i would say go for the header

the header will most likely NOT give u the rumble the title mentions, though.

Well from what I remember the 2.5i has a stock equal length header, so to get a boxer rumble you would need to have some sort of un-equal length designed header. But then a switch go to a free flowing exhaust would be needed to hear it outside of the car.

Browse the N/A forum.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

On my 06 I wanted the rumble as well so I used an 05 Borla header and had a custom cat section made. The stock 06+ header comes out on the passengers side in front of the oil pan, whereas the 05 comes out on the drivers side then crosses over behind the oil pan. I sold the header but I still have the custom cat section that I had made for sale if you are interested.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

ummm, prepare to lose a shartload of power than, low and high. The thing is with the GT turbo's, the unequal length headers don't effect the turbo THAT much. However, the 2.5i needs the EQUAL backpressure to make more power. Without it, everything gets thrown out of alignment and the car loses power. So sound for power? up to you?

We need to talk. You have reversed payment for the cat section in the amount of $200 when I already sent you back the extra $23 you paid for shipping and sent the cat section to you. So at this point I am out $223 plus the cat section. I really hope this is a mistake bc. I have dealt with a lot of people and I have never screwed anyone over and I don't appreciate this one bit. . Please answer your PMs so that we can deal with this.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

I'm keeping an eye on this situation..that would not be cool to do that...

Zac

I sent the tracking info 2 days ago and a hour ago I got the notice that payment was reversed, I am seriously upset about this. Thankfully I keep everything on record just incase this happens, so I should have a soild case against this person if it comes to that.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Archived