LegacyGT.com

VF52 upgrade POLL (what else?)

LGTLW

Hey so on the 8th I'll be getting my VF52, 650cc injectors, and 245lph fuel pump installed and tunes by Chris over at EFI. Adding these to my catless UP and catted DP, brings one question...

To those who are currently running the VF52 or have knowledge about such question, please answer the following.

...I will be asking Chris to put a conservative tune onto the car once the parts are installed. The car will have more power even with such a tune, however DO YOU THINK A NEW TMIC WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA? I really don't want to take this whole expenditure into the $3k's, and getting the tmic would def take it there.

Just want a little more power than the current VF40(needs replacing) and UP/DP/APv2.

:spin:

Try and look for a used AVO or even better Perrin TMIC...This is not just an issue of more power but with that turbo you need the reliability it would offer..

Any reason why Perrin>AVO? I thought they were one and the same with maybe $$$ being the only difference?

Edit: +1 more on a used top mount.

You could also get an air/oil separator. I have one for the top mount IC set up. It will keep oil mist out of the fuel being injected and that will keep the octane rating up.

I'd like to have the VF52 like you have but that will wait.

Currenrly the stage 2 map. Treated me fine with the UP/DP set up. I'm just pissed the dbag who owned it before me had welded the WG shut! That's why the turbo is on the fritz.

I guess I'll have to return the sweaters and socks i'm sure to get from the Aunts tomorrow and save a bit more for the Tmic. Anybody have a link for a used one? Or new?

As for being in CT and tuned, what town you in? I'm right on 91 up near MA

Get a better TMIC. I would also get a better TB hose while you are at it. Saves you troubles down the road. Do all of this prior to tune though. You will get the max out of your dollar and out of that turbo.

Oh and im not sure about the vf52, but my hta was easy as pie to get the inlet to fit. I might buy it just incase.

I'm running a VF52 w/ Perrin TMIC. No Perrin fitment issues. I'd pick up which ever used aftermarket TMIC you can find for ~$450. You need it primarily for reliability and it's worth the money.

As for the other comments...

- I agree go with a single 1mm pill.

- Stick with the stock BCS (no need for a 3-port solenoid).

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I run a VF52 at 19psi, which you definitely need an all-metal TMIC for. You'd only be able to run 16psi or so with the stocker and all that midrange power you pick up with the VF52 would be muted. +1 to the GrimmSpeed EBCS as well. And +1 to TGV deletes. And +5 to getting these parts before you get on the dyno.

You're going to love this turbo! If you have E85 available near you, you'll want 740cc or larger injectors. You can find TDC or Perrin-modified 816cc injectors on nasioc pretty cheap. http://www.e85refueling.com/

Archived