LegacyGT.com

USDM Spec B top hats and JDM GT top hats

kanoswrx

So I took apart my front right suspension as it was making a little moaning noise and I wanted to re-seat everything and clean it out. Well when I went to put it back together I caused a bigger problem. The top spring perch hole got enlarged a little, its now a little more like an oval vs a circle. The impact wrench I think spun the threads and it cut into the spring perch hole. So now I think the shaft is slidding about 1-2mm's back and forth in there.

So I want to buy a new spring perch. Now my question is, is the part number from the Spec B in the USA the same as the JDM GT one? I have the Bilstien setup off a JDM GT which I believe is the same as the Spec B setup in the USA. I know the actual top hats are different but not sure about the perch that sits on top of the spring and under the top hat.

Or do you think that perch is the same as a USDM GT perch, because I could take one off my stock suspension.

Or if someone just has an extra laying around I would buy it off of them.

Cliffnotes: Is the USDM Spec B top spring perch the same as the JDM GT one. Or are they all the same, USDM GT, JDM GT, JDM Spec B, USDM Spec B?

Cool thanks. As it turns out the strut top bolt on top was loose, maybe one full turn on the ratchet. Once I did that it was fixed. But I will probably swap that perch out for a new one when I do springs one day.

Archived