LegacyGT.com

upgrade radiator/hoses

if you were looking for an upgrade and wanted to pay for it, there are always radiator shops that could make you one to your specs. here in mesa theres a shop called hawkes that ive had make a 4 row aluminum replacement for my impala back in the day. it had to fit in the space i had, and i had already changed the mounting for it. they did a great job on it and only set me back a couple hundie. i should have pulled it when i sold the car, i could have used it for my truck.

• 6 months later...

I ran an impreza-chassis radiator for a bit...

You wont fit its fans in there, mayyybe the legacy ones but the radiator is thicker and shorter so to use it you'll need to Fab a mounting point or ziptie the bitch in there..

I wouldn't do this in the summer

Has anybody found out if a wrx radiator would work?

You can make it fit but not a bolt on thing. 2nd gens radiator and shorter and wider while the wrx are taller. Fitted it on mine by grinding/lowering/welding the lower radiator support to make it fit. Had to use the legacy fans and made custom brackets and had to mod the upper radiator holder

You can make it fit but not a bolt on thing. 2nd gens radiator and shorter and wider while the wrx are taller. Fitted it on mine by grinding/lowering/welding the lower radiator support to make it fit. Had to use the legacy fans and made custom brackets and had to mod the upper radiator holder

You wont fit its fans in there, mayyybe the legacy ones but the radiator is thicker and shorter so to use it you'll need to Fab a mounting point or ziptie the bitch in there..

I wouldn't do this in the summer

Echhhooooooo...... ;)

Try sealing the gaps around the radiator fan shroud, the radiator and the A/C condenser with aluminum backed HVAC tape or flue/chimney tape. Air takes the path of least resistance and travels around the unsealed perimeter, reducing the fans effectiveness.

Air will be forced to flow through your condenser and radiator.

The biggest change will be in your air conditioners performance. No longer will your car blow warm while stopped and cold while in motion.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived