LegacyGT.com

Uoa m1 0w-40

Got my report from Blackstone, wear metals were a little higher, but not a problem since I ran the oil for 4400 miles vs 3000 on the last oil change. Everything else was fine except for some lead. Any idea where that could come from?

http://imageshack.us/a/img696/2439/05lgtwagon050612edited.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I asked them about oil filters and they said they don't keep track of them or recommend any specific brands. I used a Bosch Distance+ on this report, and a Purolator classic on the first report (Rotella T6 5W-40). They said in both cases the filter was doing its job. I've been using Purolator classic oil filters for years and never had any problems.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I got a new serpentine belt and lightweight crank pulley back in Feb. So maybe the belts fraying caused the pulley to go off balance and cause some wear. But then again from what I've read our drive pulley doesn't do any balancing. :iam:

Do you have any mods and what air filter are you running? Looks like you're running a little rich from the fuel or it could be from city driving or not taking the sample when the oil was hot.

The lead could be a particle streak like Blackstone is saying. Just do another uoa later to see if lead comes down.

-Dennis

I had a Blitz panel air filter for about 3 years, changed to a Napa paper filter back in May. No mods besides the lightweight crank pulley.

I usually drive around the block and let the engine idle for a minute or two before I drain the oil. The lead wasn't there in my last UOA.

My daily commute is only 5 miles, and most of my driving is stop & go.

Archived