LegacyGT.com

what type of tint to use to tint taillights?

solidkevlar

was looking into doing this... what route could i take that doesnt look as dark as that? ive seen some that look greyish, and still extremely visible to the breaking and running rear tail lights... i also have a black lgt, and i always thought tinted tail lights looked great...

just a lighter tint? i live in a city where cops are dicks, then again they never said much about my window tint, limo in the back and rear, and 20% on the front.

sry to hijack thread, but its about done anyways, figured i'd get some use out to it.

Well when you get rear ended for ANY reason and they see your tail lights are tinted lemme know how that goes in court

Truth.

Tinted tails are super illegal.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

LED brake lights have been proven to be safer because of their instant-on characteristics and additional brightness, don't you think making them darker and effectively increasing the amount of time they take to reach full brightness will make it more dangerous?

LED brake lights have been proven to be safer because of their instant-on characteristics and additional brightness, don't you think making them darker and effectively increasing the amount of time they take to reach full brightness will make it more dangerous?

Tinting is illegal, no matter the light source.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Tinting is illegal, no matter the light source.

I realize that.

LED tails illuminate faster and are generally brighter. Those characteristics make them safer than incandescent lights because the driver behind can react faster. Tinting the tails takes it the other way: darker and effectively more time to hit full bright increases reaction time for the driver behind.

I have never understood why anyone would want their taillights tinted. People are so distracted while driving already that it makes no sense making your brake lights harder for them to see. You're just asking for someone to plow into the back of you.
It is still ugly.

People tint their taillights because they like having the lenses of their lights look darker and they give little to no consideration to the fact that if the lenses are dark, the light output will be much less too.

I happen to think darker taillight lenses do look nice, depending on the car, but I would never do it or suggest anyone do it, precisely because of the safety problems. I can barely see any light coming from some of these tinted cars.

contact: zag300zx here on lgt.com. I bought his tinted tails (ligher version) with the holes cut out over the actual brake light parts therefore you can easily see the brake lights and still gives you the tinted look. totally recommend and it looks great and very easy to install. I believe: Docholladay23 online here also sells them

You got a picture for that LGT for ME? sounds interesting, i doubt they could use that against you in the court of law... and if they did, you can prove them wrong.

Here's mine from zag300zx. It's a solid sheet of tinted lamin-x, my goal was to get as close to the JDM look without loosing too much light or reflection.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/317691_10150432057095862_682000861_10723783_264895908_n.jpg

Tinted tails are not illegal. Factory blackouts from GM and Ford was a big thing in the 70-80's as long as the light color being emitted is of proper color then your good to go. I looked it up in the NYS inspection book it doesnt fail inspection iether.

Tinted tails are not illegal.

yes they are.

Archived