LegacyGT.com

turn key...nothing

T red mkv

well just got my motor and trans back into the legacy and i turn the key and nothing happens, im thinking that its the grounds considering everything is hooked up...can anyone lead me in a direction on where i can find where all the grounds need to be?

thanks

when I saw your title I was going to sugggest checking your throttle position switch. then I read your post.

I'm sure it's not that but worth checking into??

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

If you have a curcuit tester put one end on positive and the other on the chassis. If the light illuminates the ground is alright from the battery to the chassis. Next check from the positive on the battery to the engine.

When you turn the key without trying to start the engine do you get any lights on the dashboard, or is it nothingness? I guess I'm just trying to figure out if nothing means nothing at all, or something minus the engine cranking over.

There should be at least one ground that bolts from the chassis to the engine. If this ground is bad or not hooked up the starter won't work, along with many other components.

Also check the ground coming off the battery to the chassis. Sometimes a faulty ground will cause a weaker negative voltage the further away from the battery you get. Depending on the location of the ECU, you could be maxing out the amperage capacity of the corroded ground when you turn the key to start the car, leaving the rest of the car with no negative voltage to complete any circuits.

Do your hazards work? If not it is one on the blue fuses in the engine bay (cant remember which of the top of my head). An other potential suspect is a "pass key fault" or an issue with the transponder in the key or the system that senses it.

alright guys i got the thing to crank, now i dont think im getting fuel, is there like a main fuel relay, if so where? also i honestly dont think i undid any fuel lines or any that i could think of seriously and i have no fuel leaking anywhere when im cranking the motor...i dont think im getting fuel because i think i would smell it by cranking it and i dont smell any...

Pull the fuel line for a second and turn the key to the "ON" position while holding the loose end of the fuel line in a cup. You should get a bit of gas that squirts out into the cup. You should also hear the pump come on once the key is in the "ON" position, but it is pretty quiet so you have to listen closely. If you don't hear any noise and no fuel gets spit out, change the fuel filter (located conveniently under the hood) and the fuel pump (located under the rear seat.) If you need pictures of which line is the fuel line, let me know.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Archived