LegacyGT.com

Turbo XS hybrid BOV vs GFB hybrid BOV???

CTATV

anybody have one of these or know anything about them? Previously i was only aware of the GFB for a hybrid BOV that is LGT specific. was recently on importimageracing.com and saw this turbo XS hybrid one for the LGT. its cheaper too!

http://www.importimageracing.com/p/WS08-HYB.html

http://www.importimageracing.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/txs_08hv.jpg

Dont have much to contribute really, other than I used a TXS recirc valve before and the thing sucked. Didnt matter what spring I ran or how I adjusted it, the valve was just flat out slow to respond but still managed to leak. I swapped it out for a forge valve and was good to go ever since.

I would go with just about anyone over TXS for just about anything regardless of the part discussed....the more I see TXS stuff the more Im convinced its junk.

I have a TurboXS 50/50 BOV. I had no fitment issues, and was going to post a how-to for trimming the engine cover around it, just have been too busy to get around to it. It hold boost just fine on an OTS Cobb Stage 2 tune. The only problem I have is that it is VERY quiet. It has a good sound, but is very quiet since it doesnt have the horn design of the GFB. I would recommend it for the money though.
On the search for a new DD...

Yes, all bow to the God of the forums. He took pity on you this time CTATV, but next time, BEWARE!

:lol: yes clearly I just started using LGT and have no idea how to search. it couldnt have been that I yielded no results and decided to post a new thread because of that... :ctatv:

yeah, i forgot that i had to trim my engine cover. Mine is pretty loud for a 50/50 it is by no means quiet

I guess it's all a matter of opinion/experience. Its quiet compared to:

-88 RX-7 with a GT-35R Turbo and Greddy Type S BOV

-94 RX-7 TT with HKS SSQV

-96 3000GT VR-4 with twin big 16G's and a TurboXS RFL

(These are what I have become accustomed to as far as BOV's)

My dad's 94 RX-7 was driving behind me, and his HKS SSQV drowned mine out from BEHIND my car.

On the search for a new DD...

My dad's 94 RX-7 was driving behind me, and his HKS SSQV drowned mine out from BEHIND my car.

+1. Im running a SSQV VTA right now and on boost its loud as F

• 1 month later...

Thats what you get for buying a knock off :lol:

for real though maybe mine is just loud because im running upwards of 20 psi and I have mine adjusted correctly. Anyway I'm going back to 100% recirc so if anyone is interested in buying mine PM me.

Archived