LegacyGT.com

TSK2 or TSK3 ??

94sportsedan

My 2005 apparently was produced 10/04 per subaruwrxparts.co. They are telling me I need TKS2 kit. My big problem is, my TOB is identical to the one in the picture for TSK3. The TOB for the TSK2 does not look anything like what I pulled out of my car. Should I order the TSK2 because they are telling me it's for my car, or order the TSK3 because it looks like what is in my car?

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/tluggiero/IMG_0926.jpg

http://www.smart-service.com/store-tranquil-sleeve-kit.html

"TSK2 Models:

Impreza: All turbo models with pull style

Legacy: All turbo models except STi

Forester: All turbo models

TSK3 Models:

Trans Snout Kit fits all Subaru 2005 and up turbo models with push style clutch except STi."

Even this description is confusing but I'm pretty sure you want the TSK3 kit. I know others have had this kit installed maybe someone will chime in to confirm or deny that the TSK3 is what you want.

Cheers!

No, you don't HAVE to do it.

People do it for preventative reasons, while they're in there. It's not part of the normal clutch replacement process, and it doesn't have to be replaced.

The Trans-snout should be inspected for wear... if it's worn, then a TSK can save you from replacing the trans-snout/trans... depending on how bad it is, of course.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this something that would be difficult to replace if you think your TOB is on it's way out? I have the ACT clutch with ACT LWFW and it's making the chirping noise when the clutch pedal is out and gear is engaged. The chirping goes away when the clutch pedal is slightly depressed.

Try pushing the clutch fork towards the front of car under the hood when you hear the chirping. I believe with the thickness differences (with the ACT stuff compared to stock) the TOB is still always making contact with the pressure plate. when it should be at a resting position. You may need to rig up a return spring.

• 2 years later...
Is this something that would be difficult to replace if you think your TOB is on it's way out? I have the ACT clutch with ACT LWFW and it's making the chirping noise when the clutch pedal is out and gear is engaged. The chirping goes away when the clutch pedal is slightly depressed.

Did you figure out the issue with this problem?

• 3 years later...

To bring some life back to this thread, you can order a replacement bearing herehttp://www.fredbeansparts.com/subaru-legacy-gt-tranquil-tsk3-sleve-kit.html

you do not have to buy the whole entire kit again unless the sleeve is damaged.

I am installing a new clutch in and will be putting in the new TSK bearing with it.

I will say the TSK3 kit is awesome!

• 5 months later...

Archived