LegacyGT.com

Trunk organizers

Anyone know of any trunk area organizers that will kinda stick like velcro to the carpet in the trunk? I'm talking about L shaped things that just stick to the floor and I can move them around as I need. Something thats similar to this stuff: http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2007211/showCustom-0/p-2007211/N-111+600001156+10714/c-10614

Let me know if anyone knows of this stuff. Oh, if you use other stuff to organize your trunk area, please share. Pictures would be nice!

Thanks,

John

Hey Miles,

Thats what I'm talking about! Anyone know of something similar where the L shaped things are higher and also don't require a special mat?

I realize that this is not exactly what you are looking for, but I have one in my GT and like it a lot. It has "velcro type" strips on the bottom and has dividers to keep cargo contained and not rolling around (groceries, etc.). It also rolls up into a fairly small configuration when it may be in the way.

They also have different types and styles availlable.

http://www.creeksideproducts.com/cargopak.htm

I realize that this is not exactly what you are looking for, but I have one in my GT and like it a lot. It has "velcro type" strips on the bottom and has dividers to keep cargo contained and not rolling around (groceries, etc.). It also rolls up into a fairly small configuration when it may be in the way.

Thanks HarryD, but I think I'll hold out to see if anyone knows where I can get what I've described. I'm not always carrying things in the trunk that may fit inside a bin like that and wouldn't want to be limited by its size. Again, thanks for the suggestion :)

-John

Thanks for the info..looks like a well-made and versitle piece...I couldn't find the price...:icon_frow

In Taiwan now...:spin:

yeah..i need to pick up something like the cargo net or something. I just experienced a 2 liter of soda bursting in my trunk, and me not knowing for a long time. long story short: i need a new amp, and spent about 20 bucks getting the trunk shampooed. :icon_frow

yeah..i need to pick up something like the cargo net or something. I just experienced a 2 liter of soda bursting in my trunk, and me not knowing for a long time. long story short: i need a new amp, and spent about 20 bucks getting the trunk shampooed. :icon_frow

That sux. Feel sorry for ya. Thank goodness the price of amps have gone down considerably compared to about 8 or 10 years ago. I remember shelling out $400 for tape decks!

Thanks,

John

http://www.deliveryblog.com/

I would love just a cargo net that u could fit as stock.

Unsure if the USDM model gets it but our J-Spec gets little bag hooks to hang bags and to stop stuff moving around which is atleast one thing but it wont hold a laptop bag or anything else bulky.

Ada///M.

I would love just a cargo net that u could fit as stock.

Unsure if the USDM model gets it but our J-Spec gets little bag hooks to hang bags and to stop stuff moving around which is atleast one thing but it wont hold a laptop bag or anything else bulky.

Ada///M.

My 05 has those.

• 3 months later...

This may be a silly question, but is there a rear net for the 2005 Sedan? I have gone in circles with various dealers over this issue - one even ordered it for me only to find out that it was actually a set of two small sides nets and not the one that goes across the back.

Any help will be appreciated - thanks!

So those hooks on the rear of the trunk are bag hooks? I thought they were for a cargo net (silly me :lol: ). I am going to see how the net from my Camry hangs on those hooks when I get home tonight. And speaking of trunk organizers, I am looking for an enclosed "bag" with Velcro like material on the bottom and the back so it can be placed against a side of the trunk and it will stay in place. I have one made by Case Logic in my Camry, but it no longer appears on Case Logic's web site. Does anyone have any ideas on this type of item? Thanks.
It is still ugly.

Nope, doesn't work. Hooks are not high enough from the trunk floor and when you tug on the net, the left side hook (and probably the right side too) will rotate in its mounting hole and come out. I need to look and see if there is a good place to attach the mounts that come with the Toyota net. The GT is at the dealer right now and it is cold out, so I will probably save this for a later (warmer) date. I WILL have the proper cargo net by the time I am done with it. :icon_mad:
It is still ugly.

I added the OEM side cargo nets to my sedan's trunk. They're handy, but not very big. They come with replacement hooks that you pop in place in the four corners of the trunk.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Heychusa-

Sorry to burst your bubble but when I picked up my GT from the dealer tonight this cargo net kit was laying in the front seat (it was one of the items included in the purchase of the vehicle that was not in stock when I picked up the car). It is part number F551SAG700. Also note the part name, "Legacy Sedan Side Net Kit". The package is correct...the bag contains two small side cargo nets plus 4 T-anchors and four sheet metal nuts (dammmmm). :icon_mad: To confuse matters, the newest accessory catalog in the parts department (not the brochure) lists a rear cargo net for the sedan and does NOT list side nets. The counter guy said the word description in the computer just said "cargo net". The next oldest accessory catalog lists side nets but not a rear net for the sedan. Someone is out to lunch regarding these listings. It is no wonder no one knows what exists, but this part number is for a kit of two side nets. Back to making the Toyota net fit for me.

Mark

It is still ugly.

Mark,

The side net is what I ended up with when I ordered a net from a local dealer. I ended up returning it because the nets were pretty small (although they did look sturdy). The company that I ordered the net from shipped already and according to the UPS site, it is due to arrive on 3/22. I am really hoping that it is the one that goes all the way across the back. I will post when I receive it to let you know.

Let me know how to side nets work out for you as that may be my last resort.

Helen

I picked up a trunk organizer set from Costco at christmas (not sure if they still carry them or not). They are from Caselogic and are about 36"x18"x18" and came in a 2 pack. They fold up into a 18"x18"x.25" sqare. They fold out and can zip up to conseal the contents (for those with wagons) and have a handle on both sides. best of all they have velcro on the bottom so it won't move. Right now we have ours (gave one to my mother inlaw) in the FXT and love it. I want at least 1 more for the LGT. If you can find one, I would recommend getting it.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Not quite, but that is really nice as well. It is this one:

http://www.caselogic.com/folding_cargo_bag_trunk_organizer/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=42840

But it doesn't zip up as nicely as they show unfortunitally. Only down side, at least with the junk we have in it.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived