LegacyGT.com

Transmission compatibility question.

HankG

I just bought my first Subaru, a 1995 Legacy Outback. The transmission, a TY752VAAAA, is dead, so I need to know which transmissions are compatible with my car. Unfortunately, I know nothing about Subarus besides what the info plate in the engine bay told me, so I'm fairly lost. Will any TY752 work, or do I need the specific one I have now?

Thanks for any help.

the only thing special about the trannys are the front diffrential gear ratio( built into the tranny ). if the front diff doesn't match your rear diff the tranny will break. outbacks typically a step lower gear ratio then the legacy's and imprezas

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I've done some more research with what you guys have said and this is what I've come up with. I can use any 5MT push clutch transmission with a 4.111 gear ratio. If that is the case, then this list (http://www.gearhack.com/docs/Subaru%20T ... 0Chart.pdf) should have all the transmissions that I can use. Am I correct or am I missing something?

Just in case someone else ends up in my situation, that chart is in fact incorrect. The TY752VAAAA transmission has 3.90 gearing.

Archived