LegacyGT.com

Trading in LGT for 08 STI HELP!

moviemadness

I went to Puente Hills Subaru yesterday for a deal. Met with salesman Peter.

I want the Apsen White STI.

This is what I was offered.

My LGT has 33133 miles on with with some dents and scratches.

I'm gonna exchange out all of my aftermarket parts before I trade in.

blue book is at 14.9K

they offered me I think roughly 16k

These were their prices:

Base STI (w/ ipod interface + armrest ext.) $36,020

Loaded STI (Navi w/ bbs + fog) $39,4xx

plus 11% tax

with the tade in, they offered

the bone stock STI for 23K more, and

the fully loaded one for 28K more.

I asked them to add the navi to the base and no labor charge for taking out my aftermarket parts. They said they can't do it, cuz it's too complicated to do all the wiring or something. They also said it will cost me roughly 1300 bucks for the labor to take out the aftermarket parts.

This doesn't seem like much of a deal at all, so I ended up just walking out.

They keep calling me telling me these cars are gonna be gone soon (probably just a sales pitch), and that he's willing to offer me a better deal.

He then said "what kind of deal would you like me to offer you in order for you to say OK I'll get it?"

Any suggestions?

I'm hearing Reza still has some hookups. Any good suggestions on how to work the salesman??

BTW, are there gonna be '09 models coming out too?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know Subaru allows you to have the option of adding in the Navigation system later. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of their pricing structure?

I can understand why a dealer would not want to be bothered w/ removing your aftermarket parts. There are just too many things that could go wrong and things get messy really quickly from there.

Find out what is the dealer invoice price and work from there. Good luck.

from what they told me, there was a 3000 dollar margin, as well as a 600 dollar dealer comission I think. The said they'll even show me the invoice if I didn't believe them. It's not I'll understand what i'm looking at anyway.. The final word was that they weren't making any money with the deal that they gave me.

the navi thing was to make things cheaper.

for example, if I didn't wanna pay for the entire package - the fogs, the BBS, and the navi - and just wanted the navi.

after talking to someone from tech I think he said that it cannot be done, so that's not an option anyway. But it was possible to add the fog lights for 590 parts + labor, or the wheels for 4000 dollars. PSH.

34K for the STI, and 16K for my car, meaning that I would only pay 18k more? is that what ur saying? now would that be the for the loaded or for the base STI for it to be considered a deal?

it's easier to just trade it in.

Maybe I'll just go to a shop to get it back to stock, which should definitely be cheaper than the outrageous 1300 they were gonna charge me.

according to the dealer that i went to, they said that the aftermarket parts won't make a difference in price anyway

What about the Subaru preferred buyers program...I think it's 2.5% under invoice?

I would go to a shop and have them uninstall all of your parts, then Private party it...I think you would do much better. If not, 16k isn't bad.

They should do min. $500 under invoice. Let us know how it works out. I think there are a number of Subaru Salesman from aourn the country on this site...maybe one will chime in or another member knows one...GL

Rehab is for quitters.

you shouldnt bargain from the invoice instead bargain up from the price they bought the car from SOA

__

for your parts, take the time and part it out. if you pay somebody else to take it off you will loose more money in the long run.

__

navi ? nice to have but do your really need it ? i like my blackberry as my navi

BBS ? somewhere down the road you will buy a different set of rims its a hard sell for other subarus since its 5x114

thats what i wanted...but the car is no legacy...great car, just not for me...heres a hint...have paul/or yimis get to it asap...the 08's tune out of the box sint anything to be satisfied with

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

there is a new flash for the 08 STI ECM to clean up some of the crappy OEM tune. You should ask if the dealer already took care of this for you. If not, you'll need to get it done if you don't plan to have the car tuned.

As others said, glad you got the base. and if it was $32K out the door (i'm assuming that included your trade in and the difference if you had any equity in it). I now wish I had just traded in my LGT when I got my STI, it would have saved me a lot of trouble.... and I would have left the dealer with only owing $28K or so, but still.... oh well. There are much much better Nav systems on the market for less so, don't get suckered in on an OEM unit. they're not that great. congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived