LegacyGT.com

TPMS reset tool search

Flash

I've spent some time trying to find an alternative to a dealer visit for resetting the TPMS system for a new sending unit (or 4). I don't know how many others have done much research and maybe it would be a good idea to have a thread to hold dug up information.

I contacted a company that makes testers for TPMS and I'll post the email below. Unfortunately they don't have anything currently to use in place of a Subaru Select Monitor. -Flash

Currently we have a tool, the TECH300 that will diagnose TPMS sensor condition and assist in the resetting of the car.

As you mention, the Subaru Select Monitor is required to program the car.

The TECH300 would work in conjunction with that tool when completing a TPMS System reset.

Bartec actually works in Subaru plants, and at some point will introduce a tool that will make it possible to program Subaru vehicles without the Select Monitor.

Regards,

Scot

Scot Holloway

General Manager

Bartec USA

6543 Arrow

Sterling Heights, MI 48314

www.bartecusa.com

Buy Canadian, we don't have TPMS on our Spec B's!

This makes me wonder if I actually have the hardware in/on the car to detect the wheels modules or if the CDN version is devoid of TPMS all together.

Could US Spec B's be flashed to think that they are Canadian thereby disabling TPMS? *hint hint* To my Southern friends, look into this!

Archived