LegacyGT.com

TPMS dash light is on. Is there an audio beep?

Vert1go1

So I have snow tires on aftermarket wheels, and I did not spend the money to tire pressure sensors in the snow wheels or have them programmed by SOA. So, after a bit of driving each time, the TPMS light on the dash starts a slow flash. Ok, no big deal, I knew it would. Yesterday however, after driving for about 15 minutes and the TPMS light flashing for about 5 minutes, I started hearing a beep from the dash. It was 7 or 8 beeps, about 1 second apart, followed by 30 seconds or so of silence, then it repeated. It kept doing it until I turned the car off and restarted it. There were no other warning lights, or anything abnormal. The beeps DID NOT coincide with the flashing of the TPMS light, but that was the only warning light on at all.

Later in the evening, driving home for about an hour it did not occur again. Some sort of weird abberation? Some auditory warning?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Anyone know what weight it takes to activate the seatbelt complaint??

You can also just check the passenger airbag light to see if it is on or off. Light should be located up near the map lights...unless that's gone away since '06.

If its on, then its definitely a seat belt issue.

Archived