LegacyGT.com

Torque Solutions TMIC

• 3 months later...
I bought torque solution tmic around Christmas. I used the thermostat gasket and the spacer supplied. I also got the silicone hose. I had to drill out the holes a little for the turbo bolts on the intercooler because they didn't line up well. finally got it on and in place but it was hitting my clutch mc. I can confirm that to fix the rubbing mc issue with these tmic, switch the reservoir or whole mc (what I did) to the 08+ wrx or sti one. It is lower and off to the left. Its great now. Not even close to the mc now. I could provide pics if anyone is interested.

I would get the used Perrin. I got a used Perrin and it hit the mc once on the ride home and that's it. Had it professionally installed once and it goes on and off just fine now with no problems. Having said that I should have just bullet proofed the oem one and bought new struts instead.

I have one and it was a pain to install but not impossible. Get a swear jar. You're going to need it. Also get this gasket. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-738G/ Will take a big headache out of sealing it at the turbo flange. And definitely get a silicone hose and good C clamps. Stock throttle body hose is useless and will leak. Trust me.

i got one for mine a while back and had the clutch cylinder problem also. it just takes a lot of adjustment with the throttle body hose ( i used an avo) but i got it set up good and havent had any problems since :)

06 GT - Totalled 😢... to be continued

07 Spec B - Wife took over 🤔

06 i - getting built motor and 6 speed 😁

i have a ts tmic .. i also used the 350 chevy t stat housing gasket .. worked great . i also used some high temp sil on it before the install..

best way to do it is if your using your oem tb hose ...

clean that with brake cleaner inside and out ...

use hairspray on the inside of the tb hose .. put the tmic tb side on first . tightin the clamp , let it sit for about 10 min ..

then you can move the tmic around for fitment without losing the tb side...

got my gasket from autozone ... they all carry them pepboys also it was like 16 bucks i think

i put washers on the back of the tmic where it bolts to the bracket , then used a rubber grommet as the last washer .. mine nver hit my clutch res.. and only took me about 20 min aside from letting the hairspray dry ..

to get everything on ..

its been on for 2 months and not a problem

• 3 weeks later...
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but is anyone in the Atlanta area able to help with installing this thing on my '08 LGT? Replaced the turbo with a BNR 16G and all that is in, but this TMIC just won't play ball. Tried it with an aftermarket tb hose, mangled it and no dice, and now tried it with the stock hose and it's still not fitting right. Obviously it'll go on, since others have done it, but I think I need some help.

Honestly, it's not that hard to get it to fit. I had one on my car for a couple years. The worst part is dealing with the master cylinder, which I solved completely by taking off the cap and replacing it with a plug that I inserted.

The core is not as efficient as the Perrin/Avo (there's a thread about this somewhere), but it works better than stock in my opinion.

Get an Avo TB hose, and be careful not to strip the BOV bolt threads.

I'd look for a used one on here, as I nearly had to give mine away when I got rid of it.

It's been working great. thanks again. ;)

Great, glad it's working out.

OP- I had your same set-up (VF52 on E85 with Torque Solutions TMIC) and really liked it. Best bang-for-your-buck that I could find.

Archived