LegacyGT.com

Tire Wear

So I have uneven tire wear on the drivers side. It appears I take a lot of right hand turns are speed.

Can the stock suspension be adjusted enough to offset this or do I need to get a camber kit on there?

The edges on the drivers side a wearing at twice the rate. Alignment is within stock spec.

I want to say yes.

The wear is all related to the near 360 circles they've built into the road ways to connect some of the freeways to side streets. I of course cannot go slowly around those.

Thinking of adding some camber but not sure the stock setup allows for it.

The fronts are fairly adjustable. The rears however only have like .5* of adjustment. The Whiteline cambered bolts help but new control arms in the rear are your best bet. Plus a good alignment.

Is there a reason why Michelin does not make a tire for the legacy 2.5 gt,and it's 18 wheels.

It appears not many do .Some In asymmetrical setups.

Continental,and Pirelli seem the only choices.

Tires,play an important part in my driving history simply because I was not aware of the extreme limitations of the so called summer performance tires my car was originally equipped with in the north east.......and I paid the price.

I'm speaking of all season tires of course here.Unless you live in new Mexico ,why would anyone equip a car with incredibly expensive,,,,short lived summer performance tires as mine was so equipped .

• Moderators
Is there a reason why Michelin does not make a tire for the legacy 2.5 gt,and it's 18 wheels.

Tires,play an important part in my driving history simply because I was not aware of the extreme limitations of the so called summer performance tires my car was originally equipped with in the north east.......and I paid the price.

I'm speaking of all season tires of course here.Unless you live in new Mexico ,why would anyone equip a car with incredibly expensive,,,,short lived summer performance tires as mine was so equipped .

Michelin makes loads of tires in LGT-fitment sizes, including the newly released Pilot Sport A/S3 tires that are non-directional, hence they are able to be rotated as needed. There was also the pilot sport a/s tires before, continued availability of pilot sport plus's, etc.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Reverse your tires around on the wheels. Put the RF tire on the LF wheel inside out and vice versa. This will at least wear the other tires evenly with the worn ones. It's a pain in the ass to have them dismounted and remounted and balanced, but it's cheaper than buying tires right away.

Run higher air pressure (+4Lbs maybe) and rotate more often. You can run a tiny bit of negative camber, (the most you can while still keeping the alignment printout in the green). You should not need camber bolts unless there's damage or bushing fatigue.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Reverse your tires around on the wheels. Put the RF tire on the LF wheel inside out and vice versa. This will at least wear the other tires evenly with the worn ones. It's a pain in the ass to have them dismounted and remounted and balanced, but it's cheaper than buying tires right away.

This is what's happening this week. Just sucks to drop $60 to do this. It's half way to one new tire. I've also noticed that I've had this problem in the past, it's me I'm certain of it.

Run higher air pressure (+4Lbs maybe) and rotate more often. You can run a tiny bit of negative camber, (the most you can while still keeping the alignment printout in the green). You should not need camber bolts unless there's damage or bushing fatigue.

Thanks. I'll try the extra psi, I was following subi's suggestions on the door panel.

This is what's happening this week. Just sucks to drop $60 to do this. It's half way to one new tire. I've also noticed that I've had this problem in the past, it's me I'm certain of it.

Thanks. I'll try the extra psi, I was following subi's suggestions on the door panel.

I run 44 in the front and 42 in the rear. The tires wear much more evenly and I'm willing to have it ride slightly harsher for the handling and tire wear.

Good luck with it. I hope it's not something bent in the suspension.

• 2 months later...

You are not looking very hard then. They all make tires that fit.

Granted this was a quick search using the OEM tire size (you can +1 & +2 the spec B). http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=215%2F&ratio=45&diameter=18 shows 33 tires available in that size, including 3 from Michelin. Tire Rack even lets you look for options for your exact car - http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/SelectProduct2.jsp?autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy+Sedan+2.5+GT&autoYear=2006&autoModClar=Spec+B

This page has more details on the 2006 SpecB - http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2006.html as well.

Archived